SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased a new XC90 inscription from a dealer in Georgia. I am active duty military and an Oregon Resident, typically I register my new vehicles myself because dealers often mess up registering the vehicle out of state. I have never had any issue with a dealer providing me the MCO to get the vehicle titled and registered. My bank also does not have any issue with the MCO or title being provided to me as long as they are listed as the leinholder. For some reason this dealer is saying Volvo will not allow me to register the vehicle, must be them as the dealer. I provided the dealer all of the necessary paperwork to recieve the title and registration in oregon as an oregon resident with an out of state addresses. The dealer has been unable to register the vehicle because they wont pay the sales taxes I paid them. I have offered to have them mail me the MCO, redund me the sales taxes I paid them, and allow me to register the vehicle and pay the taxes directly to the state. They are refusing. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
No. Further more even Volvo Car is “comfortable” providing MCO to end customers themselves. OSD orders are examples of Volvo providing MCO directly to end customers to register the vehicles themselves on their own schedule as needed. Are you on a time constraint? You could do a Military order or OSD (depending on which one is more advantageous to you). Although I think Military sales may require you be stationed in Europe.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Purchased a new XC90 inscription from a dealer in Georgia. I am active duty military and an Oregon Resident, typically I register my new vehicles myself because dealers often mess up registering the vehicle out of state. I have never had any issue with a dealer providing me the MCO to get the vehicle titled and registered. My bank also does not have any issue with the MCO or title being provided to me as long as they are listed as the leinholder. For some reason this dealer is saying Volvo will not allow me to register the vehicle, must be them as the dealer. I provided the dealer all of the necessary paperwork to recieve the title and registration in oregon as an oregon resident with an out of state addresses. The dealer has been unable to register the vehicle because they wont pay the sales taxes I paid them. I have offered to have them mail me the MCO, redund me the sales taxes I paid them, and allow me to register the vehicle and pay the taxes directly to the state. They are refusing. Is this normal?
Could handle this a few ways:

1. Contact Volvo Corporate, inform them you are active duty military, and see if they'll assist in a resolution....If they don't I can give you email addresses to the corporate executives.

2. Tell Georgia dealer to go to hell and buy from someone else. You'll take a refund. Surely these guys don't have a lock on Volvos. Could even do OSD as suggested being military. Not worth a shady dealer pulling shennanigans.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You have to pay sales tax as an Oregon resident, where, in Oregon?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts