SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front, right 17" Pegasus is tearing up the plastic wheel well cover when I turn left at full lock.

The Volvo dealer who installed the wheels was friendly and told me free of charge that nothing could be done. He said the wheel is too wide.

Anyone else having similar trouble?

Is that true?

Any suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Most 235/45 tires will rub the inner fenderwells of a P2 s60/v70. I went to a 225/45 on my R and it doesn't rub. Speedo is only off 1 mph. Its not the wheels causing the rubbing, its just the tires.

You can shim the steering stop out further but that increases turning radius even further so don't suggest doing that.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Most 235/45 tires will rub the inner fenderwells of a P2 s60/v70. I went to a 225/45 on my R and it doesn't rub. Speedo is only off 1 mph. Its not the wheels causing the rubbing, its just the tires.

You can shim the steering stop out further but that increases turning radius even further so don't suggest doing that.
I have 18" Pegs on my 2.5T AWD in the summer... with the 235/45s... yes they rub... 17" non-Pegs for winter tires that are one size bigger than stock. (car came with 16" wheels)... They rub also...

So, your turning radius is affected even if you don't adjust/change the stops. The decrease in turn radius is less than the standard turn radius on the R (which has different control arms and thus different stops). Thus if you are going to permanently use bigger tires and wheels on the 2.5T, invest in the stop adjusters from places like IPD and save wear and tear on you fender liners.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I used to own a 2005 V70 AWD, 235/45/17, factory size tires rubbed ... go figure! Yah, spacers or go down to 225.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have this issue on my '04 S60 with the factory installed Tethys wheels ("17). When I bought the car earlier this year, it had Pirelli P6 tires already on it and had NO rubbing issues. Then when I had to get new tires, I put on some Kumho Ecsta AST's of the same specs, I began to have rubbing issues when turned at nearly full lock. It goes to prove that not all tires of the same size are truly the same size... As for increasing the steering stops, the car already has the turn radius of a yacht, I couldn't imagine it any worse than that. That's my only real complaint about the car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I currently have 215/50/17's with 17x7 wheels on all four corners. They rub pretty bad during parking lot maneuvers mainly on the front right as well. Unless its grabbing and pulling **** down, I am not too worried about it. Just a nuisance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts