SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out that Volvo of Las Vegas is ripping me a new one for the 30k service (they want $900 and change for it) where as the other Volvo dealerships I have called charge $300-$450. As that is a big savings, I am planning on driving to the L.A. area.

So, does anyone have any good recommendations for a SoCal area Volvo dealership? Something mod friendly would be perfect (have K&N) http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (Jonsi Jonsi S40)

Depends which area of LA you coming to. I have heard that Santa Monica Volvo is good and I usually take mine to either Galpin Volvo (San Fernando Valley and pricey) or Rusnak Volvo (Pasadena).

Jonsi: The s40 models only had factory scheduled maintanance on the first year the new body style came out. I had the same problem, I purchased the s40 when it first came out and it was included. But my second one did not.

Oh btw I picked up my eibach springs probably install them this weekend....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (vsweede40life)

strange, I picked mine up in 2007 with 22k on it, and got the 30k service done in early 2008.

BTW, how are those springs treating you, i am just getting ready to make a purchase?

·
Registered
225 Posts

ill tell you soon just picked them up today has been a crazy passed couple weeks with midterms and such....but ill post a thread with before and after pics....actually on hold to talk to someone about pricing on the installation...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Santa Monica Volvo is good. Friendly staff.

Just don't forget to tell them NOT to wash your car.

For the love of Jesus, don't forget that.

They wash your car with a broom.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (christianwoodward)

Quote, originally posted by christianwoodward »
So I found out that Volvo of Las Vegas is ripping me a new one for the 30k service (they want $900 and change for it)

i would seriously consider getting that quote in writing and reporting it to Volvo of North America

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Jonsi Jonsi S40 »
arent you still under warranty? that should all be covered

Correct. MY2005 had the "complimentary service" for 3yrs/30K. Though he is over 3yrs, I believe that Volvo instructed the dealers to go to 4yrs for low mileage drivers. If not, the 30K is nothing more than a glorified oil change, pollen filter replacement, and a few inspections.

Repeat after me........NEVER SIMPLY ASK FOR A MILEAGE SERVICE. Each dealer has his own idea of what should be done and will screw you accordingly. Always ask what is included and ask for specific items.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the advice on dealerships.

@max power I think I am going to report to Volvo of N/A, but between this and the last incident with them (which is on the forum), I don't trust them with my car anymore.

@MagoonR You are correct, I am out of the service time by one year and my dealership will go out of their way NOT to do things nicely (like cover me for low mileage.)

@Jonsi Jonsi S40 Loving the springs, the lowered look is badass and I love feeling the road. Its not the plush ride it was before, but for "spirited" driving, I think it is 100% worth the money.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (christianwoodward)

Quote, originally posted by christianwoodward »
BTW, I am only doing the mileage maintenance so that they don't claim that I didn't maintain the car if I need a repair under warranty.

Then look in your owner's manual and see what is actually recommended at 30K versus what they want to do for $900. You'll be amazed at what they may be adding to the menu.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (vsweede40life)

Quote, originally posted by vsweede40life »
or Rusnak Volvo (Pasadena).

DO NOT go to Rusnak!! They F'd me in the A on every possible occasion because of my mods(K&N and Evolve C-back)! Go to Ontario Volvo and ask for Chow, I've gotten to know him and he is very mod friendly. Tell him Frank Tomkins sent you, he may hook you up idk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.