SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out that Volvo of Las Vegas is ripping me a new one for the 30k service (they want $900 and change for it) where as the other Volvo dealerships I have called charge $300-$450. As that is a big savings, I am planning on driving to the L.A. area.

So, does anyone have any good recommendations for a SoCal area Volvo dealership? Something mod friendly would be perfect (have K&N) http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (Jonsi Jonsi S40)

Depends which area of LA you coming to. I have heard that Santa Monica Volvo is good and I usually take mine to either Galpin Volvo (San Fernando Valley and pricey) or Rusnak Volvo (Pasadena).

Jonsi: The s40 models only had factory scheduled maintanance on the first year the new body style came out. I had the same problem, I purchased the s40 when it first came out and it was included. But my second one did not.

Oh btw I picked up my eibach springs probably install them this weekend....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (vsweede40life)

strange, I picked mine up in 2007 with 22k on it, and got the 30k service done in early 2008.

BTW, how are those springs treating you, i am just getting ready to make a purchase?

·
Registered
225 Posts

ill tell you soon just picked them up today has been a crazy passed couple weeks with midterms and such....but ill post a thread with before and after pics....actually on hold to talk to someone about pricing on the installation...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (christianwoodward)

Quote, originally posted by christianwoodward »
So I found out that Volvo of Las Vegas is ripping me a new one for the 30k service (they want $900 and change for it)

i would seriously consider getting that quote in writing and reporting it to Volvo of North America

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Jonsi Jonsi S40 »
arent you still under warranty? that should all be covered

Correct. MY2005 had the "complimentary service" for 3yrs/30K. Though he is over 3yrs, I believe that Volvo instructed the dealers to go to 4yrs for low mileage drivers. If not, the 30K is nothing more than a glorified oil change, pollen filter replacement, and a few inspections.

Repeat after me........NEVER SIMPLY ASK FOR A MILEAGE SERVICE. Each dealer has his own idea of what should be done and will screw you accordingly. Always ask what is included and ask for specific items.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the advice on dealerships.

@max power I think I am going to report to Volvo of N/A, but between this and the last incident with them (which is on the forum), I don't trust them with my car anymore.

@MagoonR You are correct, I am out of the service time by one year and my dealership will go out of their way NOT to do things nicely (like cover me for low mileage.)

@Jonsi Jonsi S40 Loving the springs, the lowered look is badass and I love feeling the road. Its not the plush ride it was before, but for "spirited" driving, I think it is 100% worth the money.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (christianwoodward)

Quote, originally posted by christianwoodward »
BTW, I am only doing the mileage maintenance so that they don't claim that I didn't maintain the car if I need a repair under warranty.

Then look in your owner's manual and see what is actually recommended at 30K versus what they want to do for $900. You'll be amazed at what they may be adding to the menu.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: Dealer Rip Off - Good LA Area Dealerships? (vsweede40life)

Quote, originally posted by vsweede40life »
or Rusnak Volvo (Pasadena).

DO NOT go to Rusnak!! They F'd me in the A on every possible occasion because of my mods(K&N and Evolve C-back)! Go to Ontario Volvo and ask for Chow, I've gotten to know him and he is very mod friendly. Tell him Frank Tomkins sent you, he may hook you up idk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.