SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

There was a recent post (last 6 months?) that contained three questions to ask a dealer about OSD. The questions were meant to gauge the dealer's knowledge about OSD, and when I read them I thought "yeah, those are really good". And now, even using the advanced search in the forum, I can't locate those questions :(

Can someone point me to that post if you remember where it is? Or if you can think of your own 'telling' questions, please post them here?

Thanks,

·
Registered
463 Posts
One that certainly comes to mind is to ask the salesperson if he/she has ever personally done an OSD.

·
Registered
56 Posts
One that certainly comes to mind is to ask the salesperson if he/she has ever personally done an OSD.
I would amend that a bit to ask, "how many OSD's have you done?" If they have done some, I would then ask if they encountered any problems with getting orders into the system and delays and how they handled them.

The best thing my dealer (who had limited experience with OSD's) did was to ask one of his customers who was on his 3rd OSD to email me. I hit this poor man with every question I could think of. He also sent me itinerary ideas, hotels, even prices for restaurants and tours. He also provided info on dealing with the dealer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Perhaps I was not clear. My suggestion is to ask the salesperson if he/she had ever experienced an OSD, not merely placed an OSD order. That is, go to the FDC, meet the Volvo staff, tour the factory, tour the area, experience a delivery at the FDC, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!

I was able to locate the post.....Post #52 by likeXC90 in the "MY2020 OSD Ordering Yet?" thread.

I think anyone considering a dealer for OSD should ask the specific OSD person some simple questions like:

1. How many OSD orders have you done for MY2020? How many OSD orders before MY2020?

One or several simple test questions that anyone who has knowledge of OSD should know (and you should study/know the answer from the Volvo OSD website or this forum before asking the OSD person) like:

2. Do I have to drop off my car at Gothenburg only? (Answer: No, but there's a fee.)

3. Can I order accessories at the Factory Delivery Center? (Answer: Yes, but you have to contact the FDC directly.)

4. Can I leave stuff in the car when the Volvo is shipped back to the USA? (Answer: No way! unless it's part of the Volvo order from either the USA or FDC.)

Again, these are completely random so choose your own.

Best to find an experienced OSD person rather than get stuck with someone learning about the OSD process who is more likely to F'up with your order - there are horror stories written here in this forum to learn from!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts