SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '06 V70R six weeks ago from a very reputible dealer here in CO, I also purchased at the time the clear bra and factory tint, but had to wait to have them installed (there was some curb rash on the front bumper from some lot jock or test driver that needed to be replaced) once the new front bumper came in. <p>Two weeks ago I took it in to the dealer to have the new bumper, xc brake ducts, clear bra and tint installed, when I picked it up it the bumper looked great, but the clear bra had been installed over a couple of tree sap or bug guts spots, it really wouldn't be anything to the average driver (but the average driver doesn't buy the R). I would have thought that they would have clay bared the hood before applying the bra. There are also a couple of very small bubbles in the tint (you can see the piece of lint in each of them, about three in total on three different windows).<p>My questions: should I make a big stink about this, and get them to replace the bra and fix the tint? I paid the dealer's premium price so that it would be covered under warranty, am I being too anal? <p>Both the tint and clear bra have lifetime warranties on them so if anything else comes up later I can have them both replaced, or wait until they are showing signs of wear and then do it.<p>Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
105 Posts
Y ou paid the dealer premium so decent service should come with that. Dont pay someone to abuse you. Make them fix the problems!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: Dealer installed clear bra and tint problems (Gilsdorf)

I'd have them remove it and demand a refund, then you can go somewhere that has installers who care about what they're doing and pay less to boot. This contractor will probably jack something else up on the new install that will drive you equally nuts.<p>I've found that forcing people to re-do things, when they didn't care in the first place, seldom gives acceptable results.<br>

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: Dealer installed clear bra and tint problems (Gilsdorf)

You paid the full price, you have every right to expect premium service. I would have dealer fight the battle with the sub, do not go to him directly even though the dealer may suggest that. They know what a good job is, let them fight the battle.<p>Having said that, I do agree with TomW, in that if they can not do it right the first time, what makes one think the second will be better. I guess it is just a matter of who wears down first. <p>I have had similar work done by a known skilled craftsman, that in spite of a very reasonable price, his work is top notch and he would be the first to tell you if there were any imperfections.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Does anyone else have the clear bra on their car? The R I am buying has it and I was wondering how it holds up over time.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have it on my car, previous owner had it installed. <p>Only problems I had were removing the wax buildup form the previous owner not using S100:)<p>When removing the wax though, I could see a few of the trickier spots on the body kit might be at risk for peel (they lifted slightly with just my fingernail), but nothing has happened so far...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts