SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been having a issue .What i feel is POOR throttle response in the lower end Under 3500 RPMs the car feels week. A friend of a friend is a tech at local dealer. He said that after he drove the car all was fine and it was just how the car feels .Not a great help and it seemed like it was not something he was willing to talk more about as he started with the i should leave the car and he would have someone look at it when he had a chance. This started out as a favor but was looking like a $$ day He said that he thinks that the car might need an update and it was going to be a hundred dollars or so if it did .The car was in about a year ago and i was told that all updates where done but ok he didn't want to look. While he was away from the station i took a look at the DTC and this is what i saw. I know that the car has all current updates so just a waste of time but i did get the codes. Can anyone help with what they are
ECM 431D
UEM 0080
PDM 0025
would be appreciated..

·
Registered
773 Posts
for your car
ECM 431D - wrong pressure on your leak detection on the fuel tank, either too much or too little. Maybe your gas cap is loose, that would be the easiest. Evap cannister problem is possibly indicated.
UEM 0080 - rain sensor signal missing
PDM 0025 - one of the power mirrors or defroster wires may be broken, or at least the power is not working.

None of these, except perhaps the ECM 431D diagnostics means much for your engine, and I wonder about that one, but I know that a full evap cannister will cause problems on some cars if the gas tank is filled completely, then there is no place for the fumes to go to, and the engine ends up running overly rich until the tank level is lower. Doesn't seem like your problem.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for your car
ECM 431D - wrong pressure on your leak detection on the fuel tank, either too much or too little. Maybe your gas cap is loose, that would be the easiest. Evap cannister problem is possibly indicated.
UEM 0080 - rain sensor signal missing
PDM 0025 - one of the power mirrors or defroster wires may be broken, or at least the power is not working.

None of these, except perhaps the ECM 431D diagnostics means much for your engine, and I wonder about that one, but I know that a full evap cannister will cause problems on some cars if the gas tank is filled completely, then there is no place for the fumes to go to, and the engine ends up running overly rich until the tank level is lower. Doesn't seem like your problem.
Thanks for the response the
ECU 413D the gas cap is tight and i did some looking on line and cant seem to find anything about this.
UEM 0080 I have had my windshield replaced 3-4 times over the past few years and always been told i do not have the rain sensor . The windshield is different i think.. Strange
PDM 0025 i just check and at least the mirrors work on both side the defrost i don't have a clue..

Now i need to find ECU 413D and see if i can get a handle on what this is .. I have a friend that is going to bring his Dice/vida 2011a over in the next few days and i hope to give this a look and see if i can get a better idea on what this is and if or what i need to do to fix.. If anyone has Dice is there a way to run a check on the car to make sure things like Vac,fuel pressure and so on are where they should be.. I cant seem to find anything like a guide on the use on the Dice,Vida setup..

·
Registered
339 Posts
the friend of a friend volvo tech is not much of a friend and knows exactly what you need.

There is an ECM software upgrade(that should be free) that corrects the way the ECM reads off the LDP(leak detection pump) measurements.
The software upgrade changes the logarithm, so that pressure in milibars is measured instead of miliamps.

Do a search on LDP failures, a common issue in these cars

·
Registered
773 Posts
Forgot about that download for the software update. Good catch. Your friend with the VIDA/DiCE can reset all of the codes, but what was the ECM code, ECM 431D, or ECM 413D? Usually a difference, but there is no ECM 413D code, so the 431D code is the correct one. You need a software download, and only the dealer can do that, unless your friend with the VIDA/DiCE has a software subscription, and even then you still have to pay for the software that you download, and by the time you are finished, it might be as expensive as going to the dealer. Seems like your Volvo tech is not being upfront with you, but now you have a good idea of what you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts