SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all: I'm bringing my 2007 3.2 in for service tomorrow (oil change/wiper recall). I will ask the service rep about activating the retracting mirrors (even though I don't have BLIS). Are there any other features or options I should ask the dealer to activate? The only option package I have is the climate package. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Dealer activated features? (zachsdad)

I would activate the DRL's and turn off the headlights when in the automatic mode, and also check your oil level before you go in, because I found that my car burns almost more than a quart of oil over 7000 miles, which is high for a non-turbo car. So you may want to have them look into that too.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Dealer activated features? (vivek9856)

By activate the DRL's, I mean if you have xenons, to turn off the xenon lamps during the daytime, and have just the small halogen lamps in the headlight run during the daytime, and have the xenons kick in at night. <p>But you don't have xenons, so your headlights probably are already set to turn off<p>Zachsdad - I sent you an IM, but my popup blocker sometimes blocks the IM window, and I don't see it sometimes when people send me messages. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Dealer activated features? (zachsdad)

let me know what they say about activating the mirrors...I have a 08 that i would like to do that on if it is possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Dealer activated features? (vivek9856)

Can you provide more information in turning off xenon lights since they are on by default as DRL. If I requested the dealer to turn off my xenon as DRL, would I still have a DRL, or would I not have lights on during the day (which is what I would expect)? And I would need to switch to ON position to have lights. <p>Is this how a north american car with xenon's work with DRL off? Currently I am running xenon's all the time as DRL and night time lights, and I have a service appt in two weeks.<p>-------<p>2008 Volvo V70 prem/clim/conv/pcc/blis/xenon/sirius lifetime

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Dealer activated features? (Lunchman)

Well, when I say DRL, I mean just small incandescent lamps in the headlight housing running. But here is an explanation:<p>Stock from factory:<br>In both the left and right sensor positions, the xenon lamps are on. The switch is essentially useless<p>With DRL:<br>Switch in left position turns off the xenons and keeps the small lamps next to the xenons on. When it gets dark, the xenons automatically turn on.<br>Switch in right position - xenons on all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts