SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! New member here. Been searching new 2019 models at dealers in central California and wanted to get thoughts on this deal.

Vehicle is a 2019 model XC60 T6 Inscription with the Advance package and upgraded 20" wheels.

MSRP is about $58,000 and the dealer is offering $2,500 in rebates plus another $7,500 discount to bring the total to ~$48,000 plus taxes and local DMV fees. With the new 2020 models out I'm wondering if this is a good deal. Plan to keep 5+ years.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Hey all! New member here. Been searching new 2019 models at dealers in central California and wanted to get thoughts on this deal.

Vehicle is a 2019 model XC60 T6 Inscription with the Advance package and upgraded 20" wheels.

MSRP is about $58,000 and the dealer is offering $2,500 in rebates plus another $7,500 discount to bring the total to ~$48,000 plus taxes and local DMV fees. With the new 2020 models out I'm wondering if this is a good deal. Plan to keep 5+ years.

Thanks in advance!
17+% off, I think it is pretty good, though you may see deeper discount from others sometimes.

·
Registered
724 Posts
It's a very good deal, from what I can see. I paid a full $1000 more in May and that was WITH the Costco deal.

I wonder if, given that the dealer is motivated, you can also ask for some goodies thrown in - all weather mats, trunk tray, wheel locks are all still you might want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 19 R-Design and my MSRP was around the same minus the wheels. I paid 44 for mine. Not a bad deal overall though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bump. Went to look at a 19 T5 Inscription loaner today (was sold). Had a 2020 T5 Incription with adv pkg, but no vent seats ... Came out with offer at 49k (think its a brand new loaner, didn't catch miles). Feel like still high, but not sure much in way of incentives right now. I'd be more comfortable at 45k sale price (which I don't think I'll get unless i go down to a momentum).

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Sorry to bump. Went to look at a 19 T5 Inscription loaner today (was sold). Had a 2020 T5 Incription with adv pkg, but no vent seats ... Came out with offer at 49k (think its a brand new loaner, didn't catch miles). Feel like still high, but not sure much in way of incentives right now. I'd be more comfortable at 45k sale price (which I don't think I'll get unless i go down to a momentum).
Soon as the 2020s starting hitting lots more and more, I would imagine the 19's will see more discounts. As with any brand, the previous model becomes yesterday's new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Feel like I am running into some brick walls lately on shopping. Decided to pursue an XC60 T6 R-Design. MSRP: 55120

Dealer seems to be playing games for now. Current offer is 51000 then 4000 incentives to bring it to 47000.

I should keep pushing, right? I really thought I'd be more in the 45-46 range at worst. Do I just wait it out to closer to the end of the month?

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
Sure, you could continue to push but do you have a back-up plan in the event this one sells? To me, $9k off seems pretty okay but I don't really know pricing. I just like to have a back-up plan in the event someone else buys it. I don't know what part of the country you are in and how active the market is, but waiting until the end of the month seems like a long time.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Feel like I am running into some brick walls lately on shopping. Decided to pursue an XC60 T6 R-Design. MSRP: 55120

Dealer seems to be playing games for now. Current offer is 51000 then 4000 incentives to bring it to 47000.

I should keep pushing, right? I really thought I'd be more in the 45-46 range at worst. Do I just wait it out to closer to the end of the month?
Try soliciting offers from other Dealers in the area (Email them). You can cast the net outside your immediate vicinity, too, for maximum effectiveness. Use offers from other dealers to make that one earn your business!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try soliciting offers from other Dealers in the area (Email them). You can cast the net outside your immediate vicinity, too, for maximum effectiveness. Use offers from other dealers to make that one earn your business!
Working on that now. Am I being realistic in my target number of 45-46k for that starting msrp and current incentives?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sure, you could continue to push but do you have a back-up plan in the event this one sells? To me, $9k off seems pretty okay but I don't really know pricing. I just like to have a back-up plan in the event someone else buys it. I don't know what part of the country you are in and how active the market is, but waiting until the end of the month seems like a long time.
I always have a backup plan. The city center area is pretty active, but collar suburbs are still pretty chock full of 2019s and at least displaying the number I am getting from my current dealer on a few sites.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Working on that now. Am I being realistic in my target number of 45-46k for that starting msrp and current incentives?
I think you might be expecting a bit more aggressive pricing than is out there. Remember, that while the 2020 are rolling out, the 2019's are still "very new". It can't hurt to solicit offers from multiple dealers and make them compete for your business. I think $48,000 with taxes included is a very solid offier, but see what happens when you speak to other dealers.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I always have a backup plan. The city center area is pretty active, but collar suburbs are still pretty chock full of 2019s and at least displaying the number I am getting from my current dealer on a few sites.
15% off msrp is pretty doable. Once you go over 15% you’re in “good” deal territory. 17%+ off msrp is great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,824 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Is the $48,000 before or after taxes and local DMV fees? Reading this two different ways and not sure which is correct.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts