SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo is very soon!

We are almost at the end of the 2009 Model Year for Volvo. The deadline for submitting a custom car order for Overseas Delivery is rapidly approaching. Your 2009 Model Year custom build car order needs to be in your salesperson's office by Friday March 27, 2009 so that all forms may be reviewed and submitted to the Volvo corporate offices by March 30, 2009.

We do not know exactly when 2010 Model Year Volvo Overseas Delivery Program specifications and pricing will be available, but expect that it will be some time in April, with pickup of cars in Europe starting this summer. More information about this will be posted later.

Are you contemplating placing an order? Please don't forget the extra savings available for your new Volvo via Overseas Delivery. We still have very attractive Package Offer Incentives on 2009 Model Year orders. Below are Models, Incentives and Savings for custom built Model Year 2009 Volvo Overseas Delivery cars.

Models - Incentives - Savings
C30 - Free Climate and Metallic Paint = $1,200 savings *

C70 - Free Premium and Climate Packages = $2,245 savings *

S40 2,4i - Free Climate Package & Metallic Paint = $1,200 savings *

S40 T5 & T5 AWD - Free Keyless, Bi-Xenon's & Metallic Paint = $1,412 savings *

S80 - Free Metallic Paint, Climate & Convenience Packages = $3,345 savings *

V50 2.4i - Free Climate Package & Metallic Paint = $1,200 savings *

V50 T5 AWD - Free Keyless, Bi-Xenons & Metallic Paint = $1,412 savings *

V70 - Free Premium Package = $2,995 savings *

XC70 3.2 & T6 - Free Premium Package = $2,995 savings *

XC90 3.2 - Free Premium, Versatility, & Climate Packages = $3,920 savings *

XC90 V8 & R Design - Free Package Value of = $4,000 savings

* Or equal or lesser value of other combination of options and packages

Pre-built Volvo Overseas Delivery Program Vehicles

If you are unable to place a custom 2009 Model Year Overseas Delivery Program order by the end of March but would like to pick up a new Volvo in Europe this Spring or early Summer... there will be some additional vehicles added to the list of pre-built cars available via Overseas Delivery.

Please contact Bob Kennedy at University Volvo or myself at Lawrence Volvo if you would like to order your new Volvo via Overseas Delivery or if you have any questions.

William

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (William)

When can we expect MY 2010 price lists? I think you were the first one to have them up electronically last year, but I can't recall when it was.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (Munin)

Quote, originally posted by Munin »
When can we expect MY 2010 price lists? I think you were the first one to have them up electronically last year, but I can't recall when it was.

I hope that we will have specifications and pricing at the end of April but I think the first part of May is probably more likely. I will post the details on my website as soon as possible as I did last year.

William

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (mn_audi)

Quote, originally posted by mn_audi »
Are the 2009 XC70 Pre-built's sold out? Would like to plan a July trip.

Sorry, but there are no pre-built XC70 wagons available at this time.

William

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (ORGramps)

Are there any pre-built 2009 S80's left?

No...but there are a handful of 2010 models available for OSD this summer, with a free climate pkg, free metallic paint and 2 additional nights hotel if you are a current Volvo owner. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (universityvolvoOSD)

Thanks. Is there a new 2010 OSD price list?

Related/unrelated question-Is the OSD program partly funded courtesy of Uncle Sam in that the cars when imported to the US are used and therefore have a lowered import duty?

Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (ORGramps)

Quote, originally posted by ORGramps »
Thanks. Is there a new 2010 OSD price list?

Related/unrelated question-Is the OSD program partly funded courtesy of Uncle Sam in that the cars when imported to the US are used and therefore have a lowered import duty?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Yes, there is a 2010 OSD price list. Send Bob or I an email and we will get the info to you, including details on the pre-built cars.

You could say the OSD program is partly funded by Uncle Sven and Uncle Sam...

The customs duties for a car brought into the US for resale (a regular US Volvo) are more than the duties are for an Overseas Delivery Program Volvo. So in essence Uncle Sam charges less duties for an OSD car and Uncle Sven in Sweden pays these fees for the OSD customer.

It's pretty cool to have great Uncles around the world.

William

·
Registered
7,476 Posts

Got it http://********************/smile/emthup.gif It is nice to learn something new. I was never really inquisitive about it before, since Volvo pays all import duties anyway.

Quote, originally posted by William »

Related/unrelated question-Is the OSD program partly funded courtesy of Uncle Sam in that the cars when imported to the US are used and therefore have a lowered import duty? - By ORGramps

The customs duties for a car brought into the US for resale (a regular US Volvo) are more than the duties are for an Overseas Delivery Program Volvo. So in essence Uncle Sam charges less duties for an OSD car and Uncle Sven in Sweden pays these fees for the OSD customer.

William

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Quote, originally posted by William »

Yes, there is a 2010 OSD price list. Send Bob or I an email and we will get the info to you, including details on the pre-built cars.

William

Plus, the tarrifs are entirely different for a USED car brought into the U.S.; all OSD cars are brought in as USED cars, not new cars.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Deadline for ordering a 2009 Model Year Volvo via OSD (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »

I wish Uncle Yannis would send me my bonus $$ check

Sell more...cars!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.