SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if having a dead pixel on my Sensus screen would be something they would cover under warranty. It wouldn't be an issue except it is right on the clock. Has anyone else had an issue with dead pixels on their screen?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
They should cover it, not sure why they wouldnt.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
At least in the case of computer monitors, there is often a manufacturer's "tolerance" for dead pixels. Meaning if it is "just one" or under whatever the threshold amount is, it is not considered a genuine defect and thus not eligie for a warranty claim. I found this out the hard way :-( hope you have better luck! Report back with the result...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take it in to see what they say. They are probably pretty sick of seeing me there. Warranty expires in January so I'm trying to get every little thing fixed before it's up. They just finished putting in a new transmission....so what's a new screen to them. Right?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I'll take it in to see what they say. They are probably pretty sick of seeing me there. Warranty expires in January so I'm trying to get every little thing fixed before it's up. They just finished putting in a new transmission....so what's a new screen to them. Right?
Haha. Im sure they dont care. Sure warranty work doesnt pay as much, but work is work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts