SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install an aluminum dead pedal and wanted to know from those of you that have installed them how to go about it exactly. What's behind the carpeting - can I just use self-tapping screws and do i need to worry about hitting anything critical?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Re: Dead Pedal Installation (Thesaurrex)

Quote, originally posted by Thesaurrex »
I'm looking to install an aluminum dead pedal and wanted to know from those of you that have installed them how to go about it exactly. What's behind the carpeting - can I just use self-tapping screws and do i need to worry about hitting anything critical?

There IS a cable harness there, but it is protected by a hard plastic sheathing and 1/2" of soft foam. If you are using the takspeed pedals/screws you can just drill into the rubber footrest until the bit pops through the outer rubber, then use the screws. I also used a little double sided tape on mine to hold it in place even firmer. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dead Pedal Installation (vizwiz)

so vizwiz - you just screwed your footrest onto the existing rubber footrest and not into the wall behind it?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Dead Pedal Installation (vizwiz)

I 2nd that. I have had my Heico pedals (including the dead pedal) for 6 months. No problems here!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Re: Dead Pedal Installation (Mash)

I also just bolted the pedal to the carpet basicly.
Just be very careful you don't drill or run a screw through the wire harness that is under the carpet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts