SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW:
Just called and spoke with them- looks like they are unloading their supply of halogen bulbs.
If there is anything you need- try to give them a call and grab it before they're gone.

And I just got my refund back for the price of the H3s. Damn- any suggestions for foglight bulbs now?!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get the DDM Tuning HID conversion

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
How was the install?
Really straightforward.

Used ==> this <== thread as a reference, but I chose to drill out a hole in the back of the foglight housing for the harness rather than feed through the small square hole that jozooka used. I picked up a hole saw bit (don't remember exactly what size it was, but I sized it to match the harness grommet). That made it really easy to center the holes in the back of the fog light housing. Much easier than trying to dremel it "nicely". Some RTV to seal it up and it was all good. Mounted the ballasts on the inside (engine-facing side) of the bottom of the bumper cover (above where the winglets attach). I'll work on posting some of the pics I took during the install.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, I drilled a hole as well. I also had to trim the grommet on the inside a little to get it to sit flush. Some of the internal features of the cap got in the way. I mounted the ballast in the same spot. I planned to find a better spot, but got lazy. 1-2 years and the double sided tape is still holding fine.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i just installed my set a couple days ago. i have the ballast mounted right by the fog light grille since mine aren't open..
one problem with the installation, i couldn't close the fog light cap completely sealed like it was with regular halogen bulbs..
its holding on but not like how it used to be... any of you had this problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts