SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A buddy and I want to do a little Caravan to an excellent little Restaurant my GF's family discovered on our way to Charleston WVA. Its about an hour away from where I live in Northern Virginia, and they serve delicious ribs and hot dogs, nothing too fancy but FAR from ordinary. I was making my way up there 2 months ago when an AUDI caravan of about 12 cars rolled past us. 12 Volvo's would look even better so who is down for a little ROAD TRIP?

Reply to this post (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?172265-DC-Volvo-Caravan-anyone) if you are interested, the food is slow cooked for 6.5 hours so we have to order at least a day in advance. I don't know where the rally point would be yet, depends on where you guys are from. THE TRIP WOULD PROBABLY BE SET UP TO HAPPEN IN 3 WEEKS in order to be well prepared, and for warmer weather. Let me know,

Volvo for Life:cool:

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
We might be interested... I'm very curious how the heck you slow-cook a hot dog.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Easy bake oven.
Too fast. You would atleast need a 25cent BIC lighter with the flame knob turned all the way down :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
set the microwave to 5% power?
Actually you put the hot dog in the easy bake oven then place it inside your un-tinted car on a hot day. Voilà! Le hotdoug is ready!

In all seriousness though, they slow cook the ribs and pork strips (think 'carnitas' from chipotle, but better), and they are usually sold out after 1 PM on ribs... but if we order the day before, they can have it ready just for us
Volvo fanatics.

PM your info if your interested, the food is amazing and there are tons of straightaways on the way there so we can all cruise comfortably and enjoy the excellent scenery (of each other's cars of course).

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will put up the name of the Restaurant later today hopefully, when I get all of the info from my GF.

WARNING: It is not a fancy restaurant, it is quite small and seating is outdoors and only accommodates about 8 people at any given time!
SHOULD the caravan come to be, we would probably be eating outside. (perhaps with enough people they can set up areas for us to eat).

PERSONALLY, I hate bugs, bad weather, dirt on my shoes, pollen on my car, etc. EXCESSIVELY. However, this place is worth all of that.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just send me a PM

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Are you sure you don't mean CHARLESTOWN and not CHARLESTON? Charleston is much more than and hour away!

·
Administrator
55,895 Posts
Sounds interesting. :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are correct! CharlesTOWN, sorry. But yeah, it is approximately an hour away, from you, probably less =]

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I live out in the area and don't even know of the place your talking about. Do you have the name of this bbq stand or where they set up at on the side of the road? Hell I would love to get some TODAY..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My girl forgot the name, but I'm going find out from my boss, and I'll let u know. After u try it you'll have to help me convince people to go though!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
i will try it out if you get the name, I love me some BBQ! I will get back with a review..

I do a little smoking of bbq for myself sometime at home so I do love 6 hour slow cooked ribs. I am not pro but i can cook some ribs.

SH_T! I am logging of getting to hungry talking about it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts