SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on Martin Motorsport and Skandia Auto in addition to any other PA DC MD or VA Volvo shops you may know of. I am dropping off flyers on our Volvos By The Bay Show n Shine tomorrow and I want to make sure I get to these places. Trouble is I have no phone number or address for them.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Martin Motorsports Inc
(703) 823-9735
460 S Pickett St # A
Alexandria, VA

Not that I like them or anything, but thought their customers might like to GTG w/ us.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Auto SCAMdia in Herndon is at:

134 Spring Street
Herndon, VA 20170
phone: 703-471-4494

It's really easy to get to. 495 to the toll road, take the Fairfax Co. Parkway exit (not sure of exit number, but the road is 7100). After the toll booth, take a right at the first light and you're on Fairfax Co. Pkwy., then take a left at the next light. After that long left turn, take a right at the next light and you're on Spring St. Auto Scandia is about a block after the right turn onto Spring St., on the right side, so you need to be in the right lane.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
While you're in the area, you won't be far from the Don Beyer Volvo dealership in Dulles. I wasn't sure if you wanted to go to dealers too, but it's only about 15min. from Auto Scandia.

From Auto Scandia: take a right onto Spring St. and go to the 4th light and take a left on Elden St. Go another 4 lights and take a right on Locust St./Old Ox Rd. (the road changes names). Then follow that road to the 3rd light, I think, and take a right onto Route 28. I think it's the second light where you want to take a left onto Waxpool Rd., but of the two left turn lanes, take the right one. Then I believe it's the first light where you take a right turn, and follow that road almost to the end (it dead ends), and the Volvo dealership is on the right.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
George,
Please also check Fairfax Volvo, Rich K at the service is the guy who handles Bay 13 on VS. Pretty cool guy....you should try to advertise there, too. I know that guy w/ the Saffron C70 might show up if he knows where to find us.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I didn't make it to as many as I'd hoped today. I'll try to hit both of those dealerships tomorrow. I did manage to stop in at AutoScandia and met the owner. It seems like a pretty cool place. They've got a nice facility there and we may want to try doing some get togethers there sometime also.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to TRY to hit....

Don Beyer
Martin Motorsport
Rob's shop and that other Volvo shop around the corner
Danneman's up in Laurel
355 Volvo
Marten's Volvo
Skandinavian

You know, it's when I'm finally starting to make my rounds that I realize just how many Volvo garages (even if you just count the independent ones) are in the DC Baltimore area.

If either of you guys want to meet up, I'd be happy to hand off some of these flyers to drop off. I'd be open to running somewhere to meet you today or tomorrow if need be.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Hey George, thanks for the effort. I'm sure I can be at help this weekend. I'm interested to hear some more feedback from your visits to these shops.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I was only at Auto Scandia for about 20 minutes, but it's a nice facility like I said. They also have the IPD project S70, it was parked in the front, and they claim one of their employees has a pretty wicked 745 turbo that I think we're going to try to feature (along with the ipd car of course).

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, that S70 was pretty mean looking. I still think it'd be cool for the DC guys to try to do a GTG at some of these local shops, regardless of some of y'all's personal feelings on some.

Auto Scandia, Martin Motorsport, the one I am blanking on up in Baltimore etc. etc. It may not be a bad idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts