SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just watching this video, and fainted when I heard the audio on this. Damn this gives the B&O systems a run for its overpriced nature.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The B&W is the best I've ever owned or heard in a car of any kind! Every type of music sounds fantastic with the Bowers & Wilkins!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
So I was just watching this video, and fainted when I heard the audio on this. Damn this gives the B&O systems a run for its overpriced nature.
You can say the B&O option, at $2,000, is overpriced. Fair enough. But the Audi Q7's Bang and Olufsen is a $5,000 option. As for me, and my insensitive ears, the standard Harman Kardon is more than enough. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
You can say the B&O option, at $2,000, is overpriced. Fair enough. But the Audi Q7's Bang and Olufsen is a $5,000 option. As for me, and my insensitive ears, the standard Harman Kardon is more than enough. :)
I'm pretty sure this is exactly the point OP is trying to make. The *B&W* system on the Volvo is great and worth it while the *B&O* system on the Audis is not as good and not as worth it.

Note the Wilkins vs Olufsen distinction.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Having heard the B&W system, I can agree that it's amazing. But how could a crappy cell phone video possibly give you an accurate representation of what it actually sounds like?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having heard the B&W system, I can agree that it's amazing. But how could a crappy cell phone video possibly give you an accurate representation of what it actually sounds like?
Didnt notice this was crappy cell phone unless I misread the description? I tried playing the actual track on my earbuds, and for some reason the linked video seems to have more depth?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is exactly the point OP is trying to make. The *B&W* system on the Volvo is great and worth it while the *B&O* system on the Audis is not as good and not as worth it.

Note the Wilkins vs Olufsen distinction.
Right on, I hope. :)

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
The EQ and dynamics of the B&W is nothing short of world-class. The dimension you get from this front stage is something to behold. Non audiophiles will never get it, but for those that do, this setup gives me goosebumps on a regular basis. It takes a few hours of setup at home to get this kind of performance from a system I spent north of $10,000 on. The B&W does it effortlessly every single time I sit in the driver seat. For me, an incredible deal at $2500. Even my wife marvels at it.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The EQ and dynamics of the B&W is nothing short of world-class. The dimension you get from this front stage is something to behold. Non audiophiles will never get it, but for those that do, this setup gives me goosebumps on a regular basis. It takes a few hours of setup at home to get this kind of performance from a system I spent north of $10,000 on. The B&W does it effortlessly every single time I sit in the driver seat. For me, an incredible deal at $2500. Even my wife marvels at it.
Agreed. I've never seen a car system as immersive as the B&W system on the XC90.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can see my HUD bounce on the beat with the right track. That's some serious stock bass.
i have a drivers side lower speaker rattle when the bass and music volume is turned up. When I push the speaker grill slightly, the rattle goes away.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Also have a pandora conection issue.....I see the songs populate on the sensus screen but no sound goes through. Any fix for this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agree the system is fantastic for the price. Really nothing like it compared to various audio systems I have customized in my other Volvos for car shows etc.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i have a drivers side lower speaker rattle when the bass and music volume is turned up. When I push the speaker grill slightly, the rattle goes away.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes - quite a number of posters here have the same issue. It's a resonance issue with the door panel - if you apply some force to the lip of the door pocket, you will feel the insane amount of vibration there.
No fix yet - I think Paradox reported that VCNA said they'd fixed on the assembly line and were trying to develop a fix for the cars already out in the wild.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sounds awesome.........

·
Registered
206 Posts
Seriously? Judging the sound quality of anything based on a video uploaded to Youtube and played back over the speakers hooked up to your computer :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts