SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the help so far on my two week old 2006 S40i! But another teething problem has cropped up. This S40 has no automatic temperature control. So with the airconditioner off and the heat off I expect the fan driven air coming out of the dashboard vents should approximate the temperature outside the interior of the car. Unfortunately I'm getting warm air out of the dash vents even when the outside temperature is probably 10 or more degrees F cooler. The windows are wide open by the way, and the air is not being recirculated via the recirculation control.<p>Does anyone know what gives here? At first I thought maybe this was left over heat from having the car in the sun when the windows closed. However, the warm air persists out of the dash vents even after several miles of driving with cooler air flooding the car's interior from open windows and sunroof.<p>By the way, the air out of the driver's side right hand dash vent seems just a little bit more warmer than the center dash vents.<p>I don't want to have to turn on the airconditioning on days that are in the mid-70's degrees F. And on really hot days I do want to insure that the cabin cools off and not have to compete with whatever is causing this latent heat.<p>Of course I'll bring this to my dealer's attention under warranty. However, I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on this, or has seen this in their own car.<p>Thanks for your ideas and help.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Dashboard Vent Air Too Warm Problem (Jazz2)

im experiencing this also. i just learned to live with this. i was planning to get a mustang and strip the ac and all the powerwindows/ whatever. but, i think this is just because the sun heats up the vents and the ducts throughout the car. So you get warm air when you turn on the vent. If you turn on the AC for about a minute, it should cool down the vents enough so that it wont be letting out super-heated air. hope that helps. GO A's!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dashboard Vent Air Too Warm Problem (taintedintuition)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>taintedintuition</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im experiencing this also. i just learned to live with this. i was planning to get a mustang and strip the ac and all the powerwindows/ whatever. but, i think this is just because the sun heats up the vents and the ducts throughout the car. So you get warm air when you turn on the vent. If you turn on the AC for about a minute, it should cool down the vents enough so that it wont be letting out super-heated air. hope that helps. GO A's!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Your probably on target. This morning I rode into work all the way without the problem of warm air. Car was in a garage and had cooled down overnight.<p>I am surprised how long the sun heated dashboard effects the temp. of the vents. I suppose when it really heats up here it won't matter because I will have the airconditioner on.<p>Thanks for the help. I'm loving this car and glad I found this WWW site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts