SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
We ended up buying the 2004 V70 AWD we were asking about earlier. Its a nice car, with new brakes it will be good as new. After tracking down the dealer, we actually discovered the car has been consistently serviced.

Anyway, we bought the cupholder that replaces the "radio pocket" in the control console (next to the stereo). When I bought it - I figured it would involve just sticking it in there, but I must remove the whole center console. Luckily, I have Ikea-style instructions. Has anyone done this - I feel fairly comfortable doing the work, but have others had problems?

Thanks-

K.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: dashboard cup holder question (kasumi)

Okay - I should have run a search first. Found it in the R Forum. Is there a difference between the 2004 to 2005 cupholder?

Thanks-

K.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

5 minute deal
Get a screwdriver, pop that cubbyhole out and pop in the cupholder. All V70s are the same

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: dashboard cup holder question (JRL)

The place I ordered from sent me part #30660449 - cupholder for 2005+ (at least thats what is says on the box). Elsewhere I have seen it as #30664896. Will #30660449 work in a 2004?

Man its only a cupholder but it is stressing me out. So once and for all- I stick a screwdriver in the little U shaped tabs and pop out the existing cubby hole? Do the tabs break?

Now for a greater question- I got the "wastebasket" and where does that thing go- on the roof?

K.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Be carefull with that tab; is not so easy and in the way to lift it you will probably leave some marks in the plastics around the cup holder. The wastepaper basket holds on a grey plastic attachment you will find in the central console right side ( It will knock the left knee of the front passenger ). The basket has two square "pop ups" ( don´t know the exact term in english ) that will enter into the small guides of the attachment. Dont know ýour version but in early models both the attachment half turn screws as the pop ups of the basket are very weak and tend to break. I´ve read there is a better version.In the same place you can add a purse holder or a map holder.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Quote, originally posted by kasumi »
The place I ordered from sent me part #30660449 - cupholder for 2005+ (at least thats what is says on the box). Elsewhere I have seen it as #30664896. Will #30660449 work in a 2004?

It will work but it's the wrong color, the one you got is dark gray (black) the correct one is a lighter shade of grey, yours will look quite out of place, send it back

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks-
Saved me a lot of trouble and trying to convince my wife, "no its just the light..." I talked to the seller and they are sending me the correct version.

Now I just have to order new airbag warning stickers for the visors!

K.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Quote, originally posted by kasumi »

Now I just have to order new airbag warning stickers for the visors!

K.
Huh?
Everyone takes them off

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Its not my choice. I guess if our car gets stolen, at least the thief will know not to strap their kid into the front seat. Some people may want to go with Euro styling or stealth, we're going for just picked it up from the dealer.

Now all I have to do is get a key fixed. One key works other won't start the car but will unlock doors. Any ideas - the dealer said $125 to fix. I might go after the dealer who sold it to us - because our contract had I needed all keys for the vehicle. A key which prevents starting the car seems to me the same as including a brick with the car. Sure, it'll get you in but, that doesn't mean it will start your car.

I was hoping it was just needed a new battery - but I fear the worst.

K.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Speaking of the cup holder in the dash or the little triangular hole. Does anyone know of other alternatives for this spot? Maybe I should start my own thread, but I'm looking for a "lock box" I can install here instead...some type of cover that has to have a key to open to access the hole there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts