SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm trying to do a bunch of different restorations and clean up of my 2005 V50 (2.4i). I have the complete color code sheet from a dealer, based off my VIN plate. I know that I have "dark beige/quartz" interior. However, it's definitely obvious that the dashboard components are darker than, say, the leather seats and the pillars, etc. I'm looking to get some touch up paint for some really really small areas of the dash that look like they've rubbed off/worn down... I'm attaching photos of that and the code sheet for my car.

i've gotten touch up dye/color for the leather seats - but I'm positive that dye/paint is not the same color as the dash, the dash is darker.

Do any of you have the quartz interior and have you touched up any parts of your interior? Would love any advice!!!

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you @tmtalpey.... actually, I didn't mean to suggest my leather was two-tone. It's only one. But what I meant to convey is that the other interior parts (like the dash) are not the same color as the seats, it's clearly a bit darker. I already have touch up color for the seats, but looking for touch up color now for the dash (which is darker than the seats). Does this make sense?

Ugh, I put "insert photo" and it asked for a URL, which I pasted in. Lemme see if I can get it to work

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdlaap36pvwa4j9/IMG_9647.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zy2eht4tuwnk7b8/IMG_9648.png

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Ah, ok got it. My interior does have some contrast as you describe, but it's not as extreme and not like yours. For some unfathomable (to me) reason, Volvo insists on doing this two-tone thing sometimes, even if the seats are all a uniform color.

My best suggestion, I guess, is to find a pick-and-pull car and grab what you can. Even if you could touch that plastic up, it will show, and flake off again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good advice. Yes, I've been to a pick and pull place here to source a new hood and mirrors. I'm basically determined to get even more life out of my volvo so as not to put money into another car. It hasn't quite cracked even 100k miles and it's a 2005. But, things have just happened to the body - dings, dents, etc.. and the tech is old. I'm gonna upgrade the headunit to a Bluepower one that gives me Carplay and touchscreen, and have body work done on it, to get it buffed up to perfect again on the outside. Trying to do the inside myself.

It's such a sexy little car and they don't make it anymore anyway. Worth more to me personally to keep it and can do all of this for less than a year of car payments on something else.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
... and the tech is old.
For me, the car's charm is the simplicity, i.e. lack of tech. It focuses you to actually drive the thing instead of being distracted by the constant noise of whatever telling you something unimportant/irrelevant to the activity. Yeah, I'm a Luddite, behind the wheel anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh yes, well - I can surely appreciate that perspective. At the same time, i'm just kind of a tech nerd, and it's part of what makes me feel like my car is outdated and wanting a new one. But also, not to mention, i've had my fair share of issues with the infamous sunroof leaks into the floorboards, and a host of other things i've put money into. but at this point - now i've actually spent the money to fix those things. so i'm going to keep it but modernize the tech so I feel like I'm in something like 2014 instead of 2005, at least. But I completely appreciate and respect your stance. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts