SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not big on my current woodgrain in the car. I'm told replacing it with flat black plastic trim is a chore and a half and not worth it. I've seen people do Carbon Fiber over wood, and it looks nice, but I'm not that big on CF. I was thinking a look more like the V70R AWD with the black plastic and aluminum trim on the center console.

Second question is where to find a good set of aluminum dash trim for the console on an 850.

· Registered
166 Posts
Hi George,

Try ebay for the aluminum dash kit for the 850/70. I bought a set of CF dash trim from AAA exoticwood in NJ through ebay. Installation was easy. Only problem is that they don't cover the original wood trim all the way, so I had to paint the edges of the wood trim black before I installed my CF trim.

Terence

· Registered
39 Posts
George:

Try http://www.samsteffansson.se/samindex.html
and look for the interior styling link. They have the wood grain, CF and aluminum dash kits. I contemplated getting the wood grain, but wasn't sure of the fit. A nice fellow from Sweden on the Brickboard emailed me with pictures of his install, and it was perfect. I would imagine that the aluminum would also turn out the same way.

Unfortunately they only have pics of the wood grain, but their catalog may have pictures. Good luck and of course - great site. The only thing you need now is Ebb Viscous to come over to the forums! :)

- Adam

· Premium Member
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I actually sent to AAA for a sample of the kit. They take some of the small punchouts and send them to you for free. Nice service.

On their aluminum kit, it was some sort of silver material underneath a clear poly-looking cover. It wasn't aluminum, or at least it wasn't just straight aluminum as I was hoping for and like the V70R awd had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.