SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very brief flash from a dash light at the far LOWER RIGHT of the instrument cluster.
It was yellow and very small. (about the size or a teenie bit smaller as the warning triangle in the center of the dash) It went away too fast for me to see what it was.
Anyone, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Re: Dash light flashing (JRL)

I guess DSTC indicator. Was it wet out?

Tom.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Re: Dash light flashing (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
TRACS. You shouldn't drive that fast..

Thats happened twice when I was in wet conditions ... TRACS triangle as Johnann stated

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Dash light flashing (tmtalpey)

Quote, originally posted by tmtalpey »
I guess DSTC indicator. Was it wet out?

Tom.
You sure.
A few times when I had it sideways,
all that flashed was the triangle IN THE CENTER between the tach and the speedo, this icon has never flashed
And, no, it was dry and I was going about 15 mph making a SLOW left turn in traffic.
As I said, in the 3 years I've owned the R this has NEVER flashed

·
Registered
35 Posts

I have seen a similar light flash briefly in the location you describe. It has flashed when I have been accelerating very hard and there is a sudden chirp of the tires. I think the others are correct in that it is the traction control telling you that it has lost traction.

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
You sure.
A few times when I had it sideways,
all that flashed was the triangle IN THE CENTER between the tach and the speedo, this icon has never flashed

Well, the DSTC indicator (which also flashes for TRACS btw) is located in the lower right light cluster. It's a yellow triangle.

The big triangle with the "i" is a generic indicator which lights any time a message appears in the DIM. So, it might appear under similar circumstances. But a simple DSTC doesn't usually light that one.

You can get DSTC in all sorts of dry conditions as well as wet. My V50 flashes it when I drive onto speed bumps at 20+mph. I think the front wheels rising up the bump while the rears are still on the flat makes the DSTC think the fronts are starting to slip.

Here: http://apps.volvocars.us/owner...#pg28

Hey I learned something. The big red "i" in the middle is 2-colored, lights yellow for little things, red for big things.

Tom.

·
Registered
2019 S60 Pine Gray, M. Brown, Lin. Lime
2,934 Posts

Quote, originally posted by tmtalpey »
The big red "i" in the middle is 2-colored, lights yellow for little things, red for big things.

That's not an "i". Its a bang "!"

whatever...

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
Re: Dash light flashing (MWH)

Quote, originally posted by MWH »
I have seen a similar light flash briefly in the location you describe. It has flashed when I have been accelerating very hard and there is a sudden chirp of the tires. I think the others are correct in that it is the traction control telling you that it has lost traction.

yes, THAT, is the traction control warning you; this is different than what JRL is describing

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well, it IS the DSTC light and I must have a bad sensor somewhere.
This has NEVER lit up in 3 years and now does so at, oh, 5 mph going out of my driveway

I don't think the DSTC works at that low a speed, at least it shouldn't.
It went in today for a 4K oil change (and my usual laundry list of small things to take care of), so that just went on the to do list

1 - 12 of 12 Posts