SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a dash camera for my R, not for tracking but just for everyday recording while driving incase something were to happen. I considered a GoPro but $200+ seems a little steep. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
Did a site search but didn't really come up with much.

Doesn't have to record in HD
Preferred to have a screen for playback
and turns on/off when the car does.
Less than$100?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Go to ebay and search x1000, k5000, and itb100 for a few.
looping is important and these all do that i believe.
Korea and China and Singapore are the source, so it will take a cpl weeks to get them. Just look for a vendor with at least 300 sales and a 99.+ feedback.
$55 to $70 for the first two and $200 for the itb.
i have the 1000 and it does what you want. Watch out for excessive heat on any of them though. Always use a windshield cover and you're ok. otherwise they all get hot and have to cool.

Hi, I'm looking for a dash camera for my R, not for tracking but just for everyday recording while driving incase something were to happen. I considered a GoPro but $200+ seems a little steep. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
Did a site search but didn't really come up with much.

Doesn't have to record in HD
Preferred to have a screen for playback
and turns on/off when the car does.
Less than$100?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
GoPro has great quality but you have to format it every 6hrs with 960p video on 32gb card.
I have also used the Ebay cameras but the quality was very bad, hard to read any info on the road.
Since I am a truck driver, dashcams are a must and I learned to live with it(GoPro)

Ps. On a side note, as a noncommercial driver you can sue anyone and convince of almost any lie to get a outcome you want.
My friend(truck driver) was going in the right lane for at least 50miles when a 4wheeler went under his trailer and when it finnaly spit out, it stopped in the median. Initial police report stated exactly that and everybody could move on with their life. Now the 4 wheelers are claiming he pushed em off the road and are claiming medicals, and bodily injury. If he didnt have a cam, as well as me passing the scene 10min later he would be $f$$ucked. In my video its clearly visible the 4 wheeler went off the road(texting or something) and when he tried to recover he went right under the trailer. Thats the reason I have a dash cam.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, yeah. Thanks for the feedback. I think I might just save up for a GoPro like s140s has. I was looking at those ebay ones, but they have terrible reviews and look sorta cheap. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm glad I saw this thread. I'd been looking for a camera and was leaning towards a The HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition. I was very impressed by the sound and capture speed.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You get what you pay for and with your original spec of <$100 you limited yourself to the cheap ebays. If you want better detail, then +$200 if a must and looping isnt included with GoPro. Try nlooking at the itronics and also the BlackVue
Hmm, yeah. Thanks for the feedback. I think I might just save up for a GoPro like s140s has. I was looking at those ebay ones, but they have terrible reviews and look sorta cheap. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts