SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2017 S90 T6 which I have hard wired a A119 dash cam. Only issue is that when the engine auto start/stop feature is enabled, the dash cam will turn off when stopped and the engine is deactivated at a stop (eg stopped at a red light). I have tried consulting the user manual for the passenger foot well fuse layout but to my surprise, most of the fuses aren't even labeled in the manual so I have no idea what they do. Any advice on what fuse position I should hard wire to in order to have a continuous power supply to the dash cam even with the engine auto start/stop feature activated?

​​​​​​​FS

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have mine in my V90CC hooked up to the passenger heated seat circuit. It's a keyed power fuse and runs when the stop start works.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have mine in my V90CC hooked up to the passenger heated seat circuit. It's a keyed power fuse and runs when the stop start works.

Even if the seat heat is off for the passenger? Might you know which fuse # this is in the footwell? Thanks!

FS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've tried almost EVERY single fuse under the passenger foot-well. Either they stay on 24/7 or cut out during the engine start/stop. I'm trying not to splice into any wires at this point. I also called my Volvo dealer, the service agent said that most of the fuses are CAN bused (they don't work like the old fuse systems)... Any ideas, guys? Thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well, I've tried almost EVERY single fuse under the passenger foot-well. Either they stay on 24/7 or cut out during the engine start/stop. I'm trying not to splice into any wires at this point. I also called my Volvo dealer, the service agent said that most of the fuses are CAN bused (they don't work like the old fuse systems)... Any ideas, guys? Thanks!
Use the fuse in the front for the heated seats. They only work when the key is on. So I have mine hooked up to heated seat and the door key system.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2017 S90 T6 which I have hard wired a A119 dash cam. Only issue is that when the engine auto start/stop feature is enabled, the dash cam will turn off when stopped and the engine is deactivated at a stop (eg stopped at a red light). I have tried consulting the user manual for the passenger foot well fuse layout but to my surprise, most of the fuses aren't even labeled in the manual so I have no idea what they do. Any advice on what fuse position I should hard wire to in order to have a continuous power supply to the dash cam even with the engine auto start/stop feature activated?

​​​​​​​FS
Long story... you have it hardwire wrong.

The Viofo A119 uses a 2 Wire Hardwire Kit..... Assuming this is the same setup.

Red = Battery (Always On)
Black = Ground

Sounds like you have the Red hardwire to an Accessory like Start / Stop. Meaning if Battery turns off, so does camera. I recommend using Power Seats for Red Wire. A system that IS NOT tied to any safety or vehicle electronics.

Of course, if you want the camera to shut off with the vehicle, heated seats would work. But I imagine you want camera recording UNLESS you manually power it off?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts

This depends if he wants his camera recording all the time or not. Heated Seats would be an "accessory". Meaning an ignition fuse. Once the car is turned off, the heated seats don't work. And nor would camera.

So if OP wants his camera to be able to record full time, then he'd need Power Seats instead....

·
Registered
368 Posts
This depends if he wants his camera recording all the time or not. Heated Seats would be an "accessory". Meaning an ignition fuse. Once the car is turned off, the heated seats don't work. And nor would camera.

So if OP wants his camera to be able to record full time, then he'd need Power Seats instead....
I hooked my full time power to the security center. I have mine working as parking mode as well. So I pull from the heated seats and the alarm.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I hooked my full time power to the security center. I have mine working as parking mode as well. So I pull from the heated seats and the alarm.

Don't tie into electrical systems....

I'd recommend Heated Seats for Accessory (Yellow) and Power Seats for Battery (Red). Alarm might tie into other electronics and it isn't a good idea to tap into those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I've tried spot 47 (passenger heated seat) with a add-a-fuse design, and the hardwire kit is simply a black and red wire. I've got the black going to a spot under the door sill where it looks like a common ground for other electronics. I have the red wire to the add-a-fuse adapter into the fuse box in the passenger foot well.

Even connected to the driver or passenger seat heat fuses, the camera WILL TURN OFF if the engine is auto stopped at a red light. I don't really need it to record while the car is not being used.

I'm completely puzzled by this behavior and the Volvo dealer states that the fuses do not behave like an older vehicle since things are can-bus'ed... Maybe I should just wire it to be on 24/7 and turn on motion detection? I'm afraid this will drain the batteries.

Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys. I've tried spot 47 (passenger heated seat) with a add-a-fuse design, and the hardwire kit is simply a black and red wire. I've got the black going to a spot under the door sill where it looks like a common ground for other electronics. I have the red wire to the add-a-fuse adapter into the fuse box in the passenger foot well.

Even connected to the driver or passenger seat heat fuses, the camera WILL TURN OFF if the engine is auto stopped at a red light. I don't really need it to record while the car is not being used.

I'm completely puzzled by this behavior and the Volvo dealer states that the fuses do not behave like an older vehicle since things are can-bus'ed... Maybe I should just wire it to be on 24/7 and turn on motion detection? I'm afraid this will drain the batteries.

Thanks
Do your heated seats turn off when the auto stop start kicks in?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Take a picture of your add a fuse setup.

You need to black (ground) mounted to metal bolt with metal backing. Red should go to battery. Though if you do to heated seays, itll only work when car is on.

Make sure original fuse is closest to fuse box. Use 5 amp fuse for top fuse, furthest away from fuse box.
Sounds like something is setip wrong if its shutting off.

QUOTE=fullsmoke;7356263]Even connected to the driver or passenger seat heat fuses, the camera WILL TURN OFF if the engine is auto stopped at a red light. I don't really need it to record while the car is not being used.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Some fuses do tie into other sustems I first used a fuse only to find out when i locked doors it turned camera on.

Heated seats work fine on my 15.5 with add a fuse and viofo a129 duo. Used l
Power seat for always on.

Try tapping ower seat. See if that works. Can always power cam off manually since power seats alwYs on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The heated seats are "on" but not heating when the engine auto stops. Only when the engine is actually on do the seats feel warmer.

I will get pics of my current setup when I can (awful rain here all day).

Thanks guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts