SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 S60 T5 with the Service message showing. I have tried the key in pos 1, hold down trip 1 etc etc and it doesn't work. The car was serviced 2 years ago and has done only 3500 miles since then so not in need of a service for over 7000 miles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
On one hand, time is just as bad for cars as miles are. If you haven't serviced the car in 2 years, you should probably do it.<p>That said, there are a couple different possible procedures. Is this the one you tried?<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-Ignition position I<br>-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer<br>-Ignition position II.<br>Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.<br>-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.<br>Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.<br>-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded<br>-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.<br>Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.<br></TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts