SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just booked our flights for our upcoming OSD. I was informed by CorpTrav that Volvo no longer give complimentary passes to the SAS lounge in Chicago. Bummer.........we really loved that stopover!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We found out the same thing when we booked out of Dulles back in August. Was a bit disappointed, but not overly so.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Are you trying to upgrade via Optiontown? If you "win" you'll have access to the lounge anyway.

The lounge was nice but not something that would make/break the trip for us.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
(I traveled heavily for 40+ years - thankfully not any more!)

The lounge is nice if you have more than say 2 hours between your connecting and transatlantic flight but otherwise I don't think its of that much value. On the other hand - getting upgraded (optiontown or actually purchasing the upgrade at time of ticketing) I think is worth it ... especially if you're looking at an 8 hour (or more) flight.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you trying to upgrade via Optiontown? If you "win" you'll have access to the lounge anyway.

The lounge was nice but not something that would make/break the trip for us.
I don't think so David. We are traveling with another couple and will be seated next to them. IMO not worth the expense either....

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
While not a deal breaker, the SAS (Lufthansa in Dulles) lounge is one of the treats which turns the trip into a wonderful and enjoyable experience. We LOVED having a respite from the masses in the airport during our five hour wait. It was Volvo saying, "here, get comfy, have some food and a drink, we're taking care of you so you'll be ready for your car!"

My wife and I are not world travelers however all elements played their part in the choreographed movements Volvo put together to create a very magical experience, heck we felt like royalty.

Now one little piece of the structure has been taken away. Will it fall? Surely not, but its a little less stable.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While not a deal breaker, the SAS (Lufthansa in Dulles) lounge is one of the treats which turns the trip into a wonderful and enjoyable experience. We LOVED having a respite from the masses in the airport during our five hour wait. It was Volvo saying, "here, get comfy, have some food and a drink, we're taking care of you so you'll be ready for your car!"

My wife and I are not world travelers however all elements played their part in the choreographed movements Volvo put together to create a very magical experience, heck we felt like royalty.

Now one little piece of the structure has been taken away. Will it fall? Surely not, but its a little less stable.
While I was not mad, I was disappointed.......I'm exploring other opportunities with the help of another SS member........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts