SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now they did it!

I think Volvo hired people to park S60s in the lot at work. Now whenever I leave work I am assaulted by two S60s ; one blue 2.4t and one black T5.

And the more I look at them the more I like 'em. Pictures really don't do this car justice.

I may just have to take one for a test drive!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think you should test drive the S60. I've heard that the T5 has a significant turbo lag, that the steering is "loose", that the front wheel drive and weight distribution detract from the handling. Great-but these are comparisons to cars costing much more! In it's price range, the S60 beats all comers. Drive it--any shortcomings are so small that they're insignificant. I drove it, I drove the BMW 3-series, the small differences (barely noticeable) aren't worth the $3 to $7 thousand price difference.
I won't have any trouble defending my choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own a C70 2000 and have S60T on order and must agree on the looks and performance. Have been driving volvo's since 1976 and they just keep getting better. I have tried the BMW and the Merecedes, but dollar for dollar it's hard to be the new Volvo's.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
They really are striking cars. Our press pool has a black T-5 that is absolutely beautiful. I have it reserved for late February and can't wait to try it out. I'm curious how performance will compare with my 850R.

Fit and finish should be much better. I've driven the S70 back to back with the 850 and fit and finish was much better on the newer car.

We'll see with this T5. I didn't have a chance to check, but I'm hoping it's a spaceball. I'm very curious about the spaceball, though the shift knob looks a little big.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Are you visiting other European countries while you're overseas?

My wife wants to hit Paris, and I was wondering how much of a pain it is to ferry across.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We plan on visiting most of the bordering countries to check out the sites.
From Gothenburg, Sweden to Kiel, Germany it's a 14-hour ferry ride. Leaves at 7pm and gets in the next morning at 9am. From Kiel down through Germany into France would be a solid 12 hour drive even at decent autobahn speeds (remember the new car break in period.) And gas runs about $1 a liter, 3.8 liters is a gallon, so a gallon is almost $4!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.