SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now they did it!<P>I think Volvo hired people to park S60s in the lot at work. Now whenever I leave work I am assaulted by two S60s ; one blue 2.4t and one black T5.<P>And the more I look at them the more I like 'em. Pictures really don't do this car justice.<P>I may just have to take one for a test drive!<P>

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think Volvo produced some of the best-looking and most understated sports sedan, coupe and wagon after the revival of C70.<P>

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think you should test drive the S60. I've heard that the T5 has a significant turbo lag, that the steering is "loose", that the front wheel drive and weight distribution detract from the handling. Great-but these are comparisons to cars costing much more! In it's price range, the S60 beats all comers. Drive it--any shortcomings are so small that they're insignificant. I drove it, I drove the BMW 3-series, the small differences (barely noticeable) aren't worth the $3 to $7 thousand price difference.<BR>I won't have any trouble defending my choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own a C70 2000 and have S60T on order and must agree on the looks and performance. Have been driving volvo's since 1976 and they just keep getting better. I have tried the BMW and the Merecedes, but dollar for dollar it's hard to be the new Volvo's.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
They really are striking cars. Our press pool has a black T-5 that is absolutely beautiful. I have it reserved for late February and can't wait to try it out. I'm curious how performance will compare with my 850R.<P>Fit and finish should be much better. I've driven the S70 back to back with the 850 and fit and finish was much better on the newer car. <P>We'll see with this T5. I didn't have a chance to check, but I'm hoping it's a spaceball. I'm very curious about the spaceball, though the shift knob looks a little big.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well-I pick mine up from the factory in Gothenburg on 16 February. 5-Speed, T5. I'll be sure to include photos and details of the experience on my homepage if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Are you visiting other European countries while you're overseas?<P>My wife wants to hit Paris, and I was wondering how much of a pain it is to ferry across.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We plan on visiting most of the bordering countries to check out the sites.<BR>From Gothenburg, Sweden to Kiel, Germany it's a 14-hour ferry ride. Leaves at 7pm and gets in the next morning at 9am. From Kiel down through Germany into France would be a solid 12 hour drive even at decent autobahn speeds (remember the new car break in period.) And gas runs about $1 a liter, 3.8 liters is a gallon, so a gallon is almost $4!<BR>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts