SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have noticed something over the past couple of years.... NO MEETS!!
(okay, so there was that one at Park Place...)
It is time to do something about it!!

So here is what I propose:

First and foremost, I want to formally invite Volvo owners to Cars and Coffee in Plano. It is held at Classic BMW at the Tollway @ Spring Creek. (6800 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024)We seem to hit maybe every 3rd one or so currently, but would like to make it more often and with more Volvos!

Additionally, I would like to make it a point to meet at Cars and Coffee on October 5, then we can cruise to grab lunch together. I am thinking of two options:
1) Ikea in Frisco - I could contact the GM and see if we can grab a few spaces in the lot, we go in, eat some meatballs, drink some Lingonberry juice and chill out.
2) The Brick House Tavern + Tap in Plano. I have never been there myself but I hear it is a nice place to hang out, is supposed to have reasonable prices and good food. Ever since it opened, I thought it would be a perfect place for a meet just because of the name.

Afterwards, we can go to my house and hang out in the garage/driveway. I'll move out the cars and turn on the Sirius radio. We can get in some wrench time if anyone needs it, or just hang out and bs about our projects like we normally do anyway. While we are there, I would like to discuss future events/meets and try to plan a larger meet to happen this fall/winter. We can drink some cold beverages and pitch in and order pizza if we get hungry again.

So there is about a month to plan and get this on your schedule. I am hoping the weather cools down a bit by then as well.

Chime in here and let me know if the 5th is looking good, if not, we can bypass CnC this time around and start it off at a lunch locale. I'm flexible on the date, let's just get together already!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking like there is a lot going on for the weekend of the 5th so this will likely be postponed.

Any ideas for a different date so more of you can participate?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been going to some DFWEuros.com meets. 1st tuesday of the month in Plano. Pretty laid back, typically more mature than ricekiller.

Could maybe do an Ikea meet in frisco as well. Just recently started a facebook page. dfwvolvos. Tryna get the Volvo scene a bit more organized around Dallas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts