SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anyone know of a poster or have a picture of an XC70 with Odysseus wheels?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

A lovely rebuilt 16T courtesy of ScottishBrick. Unrelated to my current project of the xemodex ETM swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,078 Posts

A lovely rebuilt 16T courtesy of ScottishBrick. Unrelated to my current project of the xemodex ETM swap.

Leave it wrapped up till install to be sure that stuff doesn’t get into it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes, it went right back in the wrap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Swapping ETMs today. Old one has a classic TPS sensor error in VIDA. Looking forward to no more rough idling and shotty performance. This has been a time consuming but fun project—likely only fun because all the hose clamps were easily accessible after all the plastic removal. This is the most naked I’ve had my engine bay in a while so I’m taking the opportunity to check various lines for dry rot and leaks and generally clean up the looming and random sh*t sitting on top of my transmission. New ETM is a xemodex from ebay with about a year of light wear. It’s preprogrammed for my car (came off an ‘01 turbo model), but I’ll check it out in VIDA to be sure. If anyone knows of a place that will take my ETM core, please let me know. The new-to-me ETM was only $200!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
dalecarlian’s ‘01 V70XC build thread

ETM installed and Snabb throttle inlet installed. Had to go with Snabb because of the separate MAP and IAT sensors for MY 01-02‘.

Quite boring but posting for documentation I suppose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Another question to toss into the abyss: will running a Do88 intercooler without a tune result in the engine running lean? can I upgrade the intercooler as part of my "stage 0"? can't seem to find an answer to this just browsing threads.

...Focus ST/RS forums say it's okay and our engines aren't that far off...

·
Registered
16,078 Posts
Another question to toss into the abyss: will running a Do88 intercooler without a tune result in the engine running lean? can I upgrade the intercooler as part of my "stage 0"? can't seem to find an answer to this just browsing threads.

...Focus ST/RS forums say it's okay and our engines aren't that far off...
Ever notice that your wagon scoots better in the winter/when it’s cold? Efficiency. Drop in intercooler before tuning is perfectly ok.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Appreciate your patience. It’s evident I haven’t modified a car before, so thank you for guiding me. Doing all of these small projects is super fun though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A quick update. These are mostly for me at this point anyway.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Waiting for my air intake pipe since I’ve cracked the oem one. Cleaned up the engine bay and added a budget chinese catch can using a metal bracket on the wire guide bolt for the injector harness. Hopefully this will take some of the burden off my pcv.

All my vacuum lines are now replaced with silicone. Boost gauge is installed, although it won’t be gauging very much; simply want to keep an eye on things.

Also found out that my heater core is damaged so I’ll go ahead and fix that in the meantime while I wait for this intake pipe. Luckily this issue appeared recently and did not cause an overheat or something of that nature when going bad. OTE pipe has also been ordered.

Next thing after heater core and pipes will be a do88 radiator and intercooler pair going in after I move the car to a flat surface and replace my struts.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts