SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much as the title says. If you drive your car Dailey what mods have you done, how reliable are they on your car? Have you had any problems because of them and if so why? Did stage 0 and now looking for reliable mods for my car. (06 s60r 6AT) this might also help other people out as well. As always thanks for the responses everyone!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Check my signature. I like all my mods! And they are all reliable!!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
ditto - check the sig, aside from a FPS I have had no issues aside from a mysterious very slow coolant leak, currently @ 79K, been modded since 15K

·
Registered
796 Posts
Eibach springs are really the only serious mod I have done and no problems with it. PhuzDP will be on soon once i receive it and I don't anticipate any issues with that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone! I was mainly scared about the down pipe and the cold air. Been hearing about bad welds on down pipes and oil from filters clogging the MAF. Would it be a problem if I ran open air box with the stock filter?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also noticed everyone has a manual car. Think getting the tune and eliminating the torque limiter for first and second (if my car has that) would cause trans problems?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think this is kinda irrelevant.. Any car can be a daily driver so long you drive it right, and with respect.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Ditto. More mods comin up and still a daily driver :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I see where you are coming from. But some people would think otherwise as far as reliability. Let's say intercooler clamp popping off an how hard is it to get to. Small things that might happen when traveling 50-100miles a day If you decide to get on te car. No one does mods to drive it slow. They do it for power and fun. And while doing that you getting on the car. I was looking to mainly see how everything held up in people's cars.

·
Registered
514 Posts
For my DD SR I mostly have done poly bushings and mount upgrades. New spark plugs too. Does an iMiv count as a mod? :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ok I see where you are coming from. But some people would think otherwise as far as reliability. Let's say intercooler clamp popping off an how hard is it to get to. Small things that might happen when traveling 50-100miles a day If you decide to get on te car. No one does mods to drive it slow. They do it for power and fun. And while doing that you getting on the car. I was looking to mainly see how everything held up in people's cars.
Ic clamp popping off is the kind of thing that will happen right after you install the ic like what happened to me but after it happened once I tightened the piss out of all the clamps and no more issues so far. I have more issues with the stock parts on the car. I do not, however, daily drive the car but I drive it a lot every weekend and every other chance I get when I'm not working.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ic clamp popping off is the kind of thing that will happen right after you install the ic like what happened to me but after it happened once I tightened the piss out of all the clamps and no more issues so far. I have more issues with the stock parts on the car. I do not, however, daily drive the car but I drive it a lot every weekend and every other chance I get when I'm not working.
So tighten it the first time and I'll be good? Ha

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there wouldnt be a problem with running the air box open with the stock filter would there or should you switch the filter first? Also read up that some people where taking off the hood liner, i live in indiana. heat gets bad and cold gets bad. any negatives to this?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Mine is my DD and so far, the Ultra racing lower rear chassis brace from Viva is my favorite mod.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine is my DD and so far, the Ultra racing lower rear chassis brace from Viva is my favorite mod.
weird....that open in another window on my comp...lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is no direct correlation between basic bolt on mods and poor reliability of a DD with these cars. Once you start messing with turbos and stuff of that nature, thats when you can get ready to grenade. But basic bolt on's shouldn't affect your car in any way negative. MPG should remain "relatively" the same, especially once you get acclimated to the new found power in the tune and intoxicating exhaust note once you put your turbo back system in. Go for it. For a little over $2k you can have a brand new car...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm pretty sure there is no direct correlation between basic bolt on mods and poor reliability of a DD with these cars. Once you start messing with turbos and stuff of that nature, thats when you can get ready to grenade. But basic bolt on's shouldn't affect your car in any way negative. MPG should remain "relatively" the same, especially once you get acclimated to the new found power in the tune and intoxicating exhaust note once you put your turbo back system in. Go for it. For a little over $2k you can have a brand new car...
ya i dont want to buy piece by piece but i think i might have to. i cant wait. lol. i want my cold air, than my down pipe chased by the fmic and tie it all together with a tune.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts