SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I can't find any data on oil changes for the newer D5 engine. My understanding is that on the facelift model D5, the oil filter was relocated to the front of the engine - near the manifold? There is a plastic dome which looks correct (see centre of photo)...

Anyone done an oil change themselves (on a D5) yet able to comment?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: D5 Oil Filter (MartinK)

MartinK, welcome to Swedespeed. We do have members from around the globe, but most of the members are from the USA and Canada. The D5 is not sold in those two markets.

There are a few aussies that post here, Hatdriver, gregorc08, James748S and notthestig. James748S and notthestig both have the D5 engine. You may want to send them a im (instant message) or an email. The user profiles have user email address and a link to im that user.

You may also have better luck on the Volvo Club of the UK forums. here is a link.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/

Good luck and I hope we will see more of you around Swedespeed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: D5 Oil Filter (MartinK)

Sorry, I have a deal for free servicing so I haven't been tempted to do it myself.

Not the easiest thing to photograph but if you have any queries...

Quote, originally posted by MartinK »
Guys

I can't find any data on oil changes for the newer D5 engine. My understanding is that on the facelift model D5, the oil filter was relocated to the front of the engine - near the manifold? There is a plastic dome which looks correct (see centre of photo)...

Anyone done an oil change themselves (on a D5) yet able to comment?

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts