SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title suggests,

Currently I have a V70 D5 2.4 diesel (D5244t4) (2008). From the information I can see on Vida etc I don't think the D5 engine was ever sold in the Canadian/North American region.

I'm just wondering if anybody has one or know of any around ? Information about getting parts for servicing / repairs etc is what I'm looking for really.

I hope to move to that part of the world and the hope is to bring my car with me !

I already do understand that diesel is not available at every gas station, which is not a big deal to me, just a case of not letting her run low and plan a bit ahead !

If anybody knows anything it would be a great help.

Thanks all !

·
Registered
15,790 Posts
I've heard of them but never seen one here in the US but maybe they're in Canada?
FCP Euro (they're in CT, USA) is one of my favorite place to order from and doesn't even count that as an option in 2008. Neither does Tasca (RI, USA).
You may love your car, but finding parts in NA region may prove difficult. Either stock up, secure a few contacts before you move who can ship to you and bypass customs or buy a North American v70 when you arrive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard of them but never seen one here in the US but maybe they're in Canada?
Hi, thanks for your reply ! (Just cutting down quote size)

I think Volvo might've treated both North America and Canada as one, so I would say most likely they never sold in either unfortunately.

In regards parts, the only differences are really I don't need spark plugs. I really only need glow plugs (which I'm about to change very soon before leaving so they won't be needed for an awful long Time !) , And a fuel / diesel filter at every second service. After that I believe the air, oil filters and oil to be the same thankfully.

I wonder should I just stock up on a maybe 2 or 3 diesel filters and work along with that.

To be honest I don't have the vehicle that long, I've put a small bit of work into it ensuring the underside is in good shape. Other than that, she passed a safety for me a few days ago with flying colors ! So I'm very reluctant to replace her.
There's also the other side, I've no where really to store her while I'm gone, I was planning to give it to someone but they weren't interested because it was too big !
So I hoped to bring it with me, hopefully what I'm saying makes sense

·
Registered
116 Posts
No D5's were ever sold in Canada either. Wish they were as I'd love a D5 XC70. Is your car left hand drive?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts