SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a comparative review of the S60 2.0T and a D5 in Top Gear (UK magazine), very interesting results overall they like the D5 but a worrying result with the fuel consumption. The D5 returned 22.5mpg (12.6l/100km) This was over a week of city driving and performance testing.
How are you all finding the consumption of the D5? I have one on order (April/May delivery) and I would like to know how the consumption is with a lot of slow city driving.
One reason I ordered the D5 was the good EU fuel figures!!
For interest here are some of the test results:

S60 2.0TSE S60 D5 SE
consumption (G) 20.8mpg 22.5mpg
consumption (L) 13.6 l/100km 12.6 l/100km
0-62 mph 9.1 sec 9.3sec
30-50(in third) 4.6 sec 3.7 sec
30-50(in fourth)7.0 sec 5.5 sec
50-70(in fith) 9.0 sec 7.4 sec

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I've had my D5 SE for just over a week now, so far it seems to be producing 44mpg, although this is spread over a bit of urban driving with a 15 mile run on a dual carrageway in between.

I also read the article in Top Gear and was amazed - I cannot understand how they managed to get the figures they did.

It looks like the current tank of fuel will run run into the 700 mile range, which is great as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Henry,

I have now driven almost 20K with my D5 and average consumption is 5.9L/100KM (average speed is 87KM/H).

I do drive 95% motorway though.

In the city and/or traffic jam it goes up, but that's not why you have a Diesel engine in the first place.

I really wonder where there usage figures come from

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.