SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read a comparative review of the S60 2.0T and a D5 in Top Gear (UK magazine), very interesting results overall they like the D5 but a worrying result with the fuel consumption. The D5 returned 22.5mpg (12.6l/100km) This was over a week of city driving and performance testing. <BR>How are you all finding the consumption of the D5? I have one on order (April/May delivery) and I would like to know how the consumption is with a lot of slow city driving. <BR>One reason I ordered the D5 was the good EU fuel figures!!<BR>For interest here are some of the test results:<P> S60 2.0TSE S60 D5 SE<BR>consumption (G) 20.8mpg 22.5mpg<BR>consumption (L) 13.6 l/100km 12.6 l/100km<BR>0-62 mph 9.1 sec 9.3sec<BR>30-50(in third) 4.6 sec 3.7 sec<BR>30-50(in fourth)7.0 sec 5.5 sec<BR>50-70(in fith) 9.0 sec 7.4 sec<BR><P>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,<P>I've had my D5 SE for just over a week now, so far it seems to be producing 44mpg, although this is spread over a bit of urban driving with a 15 mile run on a dual carrageway in between.<P>I also read the article in Top Gear and was amazed - I cannot understand how they managed to get the figures they did.<P>It looks like the current tank of fuel will run run into the 700 mile range, which is great as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Henry,<P>I have now driven almost 20K with my D5 and average consumption is 5.9L/100KM (average speed is 87KM/H).<P>I do drive 95% motorway though.<P>In the city and/or traffic jam it goes up, but that's not why you have a Diesel engine in the first place.<P>I really wonder where there usage figures come from<P><P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts