SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Could anyone indicate to me if exists other sotware beside (Delphi, ELM327 or VIDA) to check the values from my injectors??
On VIDA i can only open/close injector while idling to make test, but that doesn't help me on anything. I need to check injector readings because i possibly have a leaking injector (4th cylinder)...

On SID803A VIDA has the option to see the injector values, but in SID803, that doesn't seems to be possible. But how Volvo guys check this readings?
Will a leak test (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFxA7YGUJhc) help me to diagnose more clearly once i can't see the values?

Thank's

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
The diesel engines aren't available in many markets, and there's a limited number of folks with the level of detail you're asking. Don't let that discourage you! Hopefully someone will know your answer...

One thing I don't understand is how you would get the information (and remember I'm no diesel guy). Injector duty cycle values mostly read out the commanded value, they can't actually measure whether the injector is truly open, or leaking. Do you expect alternative software to be able to do this? How?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The diesel engines aren't available in many markets, and there's a limited number of folks with the level of detail you're asking. Don't let that discourage you! Hopefully someone will know your answer...

One thing I don't understand is how you would get the information (and remember I'm no diesel guy). Injector duty cycle values mostly read out the commanded value, they can't actually measure whether the injector is truly open, or leaking. Do you expect alternative software to be able to do this? How?
Thank's for the reply...

I know that injector readings are not 100% true, but we can get some kind of info about deviation values.
Yesterday did a LiquiMoly injector cleaning, and seems "better"...concerning diesel smell till engine wams up.

Changed golw pulg two days ago and glow plug nº. 4 (first cylinder counting from gearbox side) was wet with diesel.
Have got red relay fault, but after changing glow plugs, relay error became yellow and not red..
Will let pass 7 days and take off glow pulg nº 4 again and see if stills wet with diesel.

This Siemens injectors seems to me that they are little poor. VAG group with Bosch feels like they are better (i driven a PD TDi for almost 11 years, and no problems with injectors).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts