SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Lol just quote my post and paste the insides into the OP... 2 seconds.... I changed the URLs already.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Just wondering, why the shield mod? seem to me that by doing it you are blocking a tiny bit more light and flattening out the cutoff line, why is that superior to leave standard shield shape? Is that because of US spec light cutoff requirements? in EU we must have -_-_ or \_\_ , flat line would not be conforming to any specs...

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I ended up stepping them afterwards. It took a couple tries to get the right step so it wasn't so extreme, but fine tuning the hot spot actually reduces some of the glare. These things were so bright that without shields they would have been a mess.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I ended up stepping them afterwards. It took a couple tries to get the right step so it wasn't so extreme, but fine tuning the hot spot actually reduces some of the glare. These things were so bright that without shields they would have been a mess.
ah ok, gotcha! I see you used 55W version, no wonder those were bright! :)

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Yep, and if I recall, I believe I eventually stepped down to a 35W ballast with the direct D2S connector. They were TRS latest design, not sure what gen they are on now. Last two vehicles I have owned since the Vo have had factory HID's, just required some minor upgrades ;)

201 - 206 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.