SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! The E. H. Harms added info next to the Customs Status section for our car. Can anyone tell me what "CBP Extensive Exam Status" means? I am hoping it means it has cleared customs, but don't want to set my hopes too high. It's been almost nine weeks since we dropped off our car and I'm having a hard time staying patient! Thanks for any insight.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
CBP=Customs and Border Protection. Most likely, random check and your car was one of the "lucky" in the batch. Probably a 7-day delay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CBP=Customs and Border Protection. Most likely, random check and your car was one of the "lucky" in the batch. Probably a 7-day delay.
Thank you for the help. I was afraid that it may have been something like that. The discharge date on the WW site was 9/6, with this CBP date of 9/11. From your experience, is the 9/11 date when Customs is just logging it in (and will be a week or so from there)? I guess it's time to go distract myself for another few weeks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too!

My car arrived in LA on 9/6 as well and has the same status. I called EH Harms and was told to expect the car to be released from customs either Friday or Monday of next week at the latest. :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car arrived in LA on 9/6 as well and has the same status. I called EH Harms and was told to expect the car to be released from customs either Friday or Monday of next week at the latest. :confused:
Ooh....I like that answer better! I emailed our dealer today and will wait to see if he has an ETA.
Thanks! I hope we both get good news soon :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Ooh....I like that answer better! I emailed our dealer today and will wait to see if he has an ETA.
If you IM me your first and last name plus the type of car and its last 6 of VIN, I will give you the current status and ETA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still stuck in customs

I just talked to EH Harms and they said that my car will be stuck in customs at least until next week:( I guess they are swamped in Port Hueneme.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yikes! I tried calling E H Harms today but the were already closed. I did notice the WW site listed a couple more line items ("liner release" with today's date, and "customs release" with no date). I hope to see some movement soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
EH Harms web site says "released to manufacturer" as of yesterday. Hopefully the car will get on a truck soon! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts