SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I ordered a custom XC90 R 6 months ago, showed up at the dealer and the options I ordered were not on the car. I am extremely disappointed as either the dealer or Volvo messed this up. What should I do, deal with the dealer or Volvo USA, I don't want a car without the options I ordered, that was the point of custom ordering, they did not put air suspension and the booster seat in R version and now are trying to give me a discount on the wrong order, I think they should give me extra options and expedite a correct build, highly incompetent dealer or Volvo, anyone with similar experience or thoughts, thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
You should work with your retailer first and then Volvo, if the issue persists. Where are you located?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you confirm that the VIN on the car the dealer showed you was the same VIN on the order you placed? The dealer may be presenting you a different XC90 R in order to complete the sale and get their money. I know, wild conjecture, but I've heard of crazier things happening.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is all on the dealer. I don't care what they try to tell you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Agreed, the dealer is at fault. They put it in the system and sometimes Volvo screws up, but the dealer is supposed to check and confirm when they get the confirmation date on arrival times.

My dealer gave me an.example where they put in a color and volvo confirmed a different color, so they changed it.

It's a tough call as I don't know if they can get inventory from somewhere else where there is a similar order. Otherwise they may put your new order at the back?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I would definitely not accept the car if it would be missing some options that I really wanted! Especially the air suspension, the booster is no biggie just get an actual booster seat. But the suspension is a different thing...

·
Registered
162 Posts
The bigger issue is the 6 months you wasted waiting for your custom order, where you could have been enjoying another brand's well-equipped car. How can you put a price tag on that?

·
Registered
258 Posts
At least in the US, there is no doubt in my mind that Volvo dealerships are worst than most.

I love my XC90 immensely, but there is little chance I'll ever deal with Volvo in the US again. Not when companies like Tesla and perhaps even Apple will simply blow them away within 5 years time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
At least in the US, there is no doubt in my mind that Volvo dealerships are worst than most.

I love my XC90 immensely, but there is little chance I'll ever deal with Volvo in the US again. Not when companies like Tesla and perhaps even Apple will simply blow them away within 5 years time.
Hopefully the world doesn't come to people buying apple cars

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hopefully they do. Don't know that's what I would pick, but they will change customer service across the entire industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just cancel the new order they are placing and go buy something else. Thats the way to get back at them most. Typing this while thinking if i should cancel my order also. Not sure what made me think a 4 cylinder is acceptable at this price range. It's actually laughable that there is a 4 cylinder that is not as powerful and similar mpg to competitors v6 . (My order 78k msrp). Anyone intrested in picking up a loaded white xc90. Let me know you can have my order will be here within weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hopefully they do. Don't know that's what I would pick, but they will change customer service across the entire industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The volvo buying experience is not that good because current volvo is not used to handling customers spending over 60k. They are used to selling cars priced lower and give similar sales experience to buying a nissan/toyota. I have owned over 4 jaguars and 3 land rovers and the purchase experience is hands down amazing. Example being Volvo red bank was actually scared to take my order being at 78k msrp. (Scared i would back out). Never heard of that before.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hello, I ordered a custom XC90 R 6 months ago, showed up at the dealer and the options I ordered were not on the car. I am extremely disappointed as either the dealer or Volvo messed this up. What should I do, deal with the dealer or Volvo USA, I don't want a car without the options I ordered, that was the point of custom ordering, they did not put air suspension and the booster seat in R version and now are trying to give me a discount on the wrong order, I think they should give me extra options and expedite a correct build, highly incompetent dealer or Volvo, anyone with similar experience or thoughts, thanks
nearly the exact same thing happened with my order. i ordered an inscription with nearly every option. the dealer or factory goofed and omitted adaptive suspension and chose the wrong white color for me. they tried to push the car on me and i said if the price was discounted enough i could overlook the error but they would not budge except throw in free all-weather mats and cargo liner. i have no interest in those "free" items so we cancelled the order. i looked for about a month to find one already built the way i would like it and it was impossible. i contacted the dealer and ordered another. the problem now is the dealer tells me car will be available january the latest every other source says april. if it is april i am going to pull my order completely since i am not out my wits end with this dealer and process. i have been patient enough and have given them enough leeway for being under a new owner and working out glitches but this is going on since july. to be nearly a year out from when you originally ordered is a bit absurd. IMO. i have never had these types of issues ordering or buying vehicles in the past so i hope this is a minor hurdle and i will have my vehicle in the coming months. i have more concern about the service end. if sales are botched up this poorly what is going to happen on the service end?

·
Registered
487 Posts
That sounds awful - sorry to hear that. Did you have a sales sheet drawn up at deposit with the dealer showing all the options and the pricing? My dealer gave me a PDF of the build (generated by something like the online configurator) and I asked for a sales sheet reflecting the same along with the price and deposit.

When you say "discount" you do mean they will deduct the full price of the features that were omitted correct? Personally, I would wait for them to make it right and they should knock another grand of the price tag for your inconvenience and the screw up. Corporate should take care of something like that without blinking if everything was submitted correctly and it was their fault!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It seems that dealers are getting a lot of inventory on their lots, (well in my area anyway). Why not just search on auto trader with a 300 mile radius and see if any dealers already have what you want on their lot or coming? Maybe you have already done this but just a thought.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the inventory that is building up is plain jane models or moderately equipped. there aren't any fully equipped inscription models available within 25 miles of my area and the one that did come up was marked up by 12% over sticker and not the most attractive colorway.
Where are you located? I guess it's just way different here in so cal!

1 - 20 of 158 Posts