SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We are doing another group buy, currently have 4 out of 5+ people required. Is anybody else interested?

The group buy cost is 325$ USD, instead of the normal 400$USD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I installed the mount this weekend:)

It took about 1,5 hours and was fairly simple. Remove the skidplate, unscrew and pull the intercooler hose, remove the bolts and pull the old mount out. I did not have a breaker bar and some of the old bolts were very difficult. I succeeded by spraying them with WD40 and using a big torque wrench. Installing the new mount was a piece of cake.

After driving it for some time you really feel the difference. The shifts are much tighter. There is almost zero jerkiness from P to D and back. There is more vibration in the cabin idling in D and you hear more engine noise (which I like). I also have the iPd mount and a DP so that also contributes. I especially like the tightness when manually shifting.

Thanks Pawel! It was worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I installed the mount this weekend:)

It took about 1,5 hours and was fairly simple. Remove the skidplate, unscrew and pull the intercooler hose, remove the bolts and pull the old mount out. I did not have a breaker bar and some of the old bolts were very difficult. I succeeded by spraying them with WD40 and using a big torque wrench. Installing the new mount was a piece of cake.

After driving it for some time you really feel the difference. The shifts are much tighter. There is almost zero jerkiness from P to D and back. There is more vibration in the cabin idling in D and you hear more engine noise (which I like). I also have the iPd mount and a DP so that also contributes. I especially like the tightness when manually shifting.

Thanks Pawel! It was worth it!
View attachment 127484

View attachment 127486

View attachment 127487

View attachment 127488

View attachment 127489
This is awesome! I am very glad to hear that you like it, and am glad that you happy with the results!

I apologize that I never got to sending you the instructions, but I am very glad to hear that you figured it out! I personally recommend an impact the bolts that attach the mount to the subframe!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another positive update; I drove the car to Spain (approx 1.500km) and things settled in a bit. The vibration in the cabin idling in D and extra engine noise decreased, while the tightness in the drive-train remained. There is almost no noticeable extra vibration/noise compared with the iPd upper torque mount. Perfect!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Another positive update; I drove the car to Spain (approx 1.500km) and things settled in a bit. The vibration in the cabin idling in D and extra engine noise decreased, while the tightness in the drive-train remained. There is almost no noticeable extra vibration/noise compared with the iPd upper torque mount. Perfect!
I am really happy to hear that all is going well with mount, and that you are enjoying it!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am doing another group buy and was wondering if anybody else was interested in purchasing one.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mounts are back in stock

21 - 27 of 27 Posts