SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using my XC60 as my project car. The whole process has been a lot of fun! I have recently made a 100% entirely custom Pollyurethane engine mount for it! As far as I know, I am the only one in the world who has made a custom mount like this for the P3 platforrm! I had this mount powdercoated in blue and had bolts powdercoated in yellow for Swedish looks! I have installed this mount, and there is more minor vibration at idle, but once you get going it is very very smooth. I have also noticed that there is absolutely 0 clunkiness when shifting from P to D and zero hesitation when shifting manually in manual mode! I just thought I would share my progress cause it is all very very exciting! If any of you have any questions or anything don't hesisate to Pm me!

Here is the imgur link with photos of the mount, compared to OEM and installed!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
That’s neat! Nice work!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Woah this is cool! Is the performance improvement noticeable over only using the IPD upper torque mount?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woah this is cool! Is the performance improvement noticeable over only using the IPD upper torque mount?
Yes. I have combined this mount with the upper IPD one, and it is very noticeable! The entire front end seems stiffer. There is more, but very minor vibration at idle, but I think that it is worth it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes. I have combined this mount with the upper IPD one, and it is very noticeable! The entire front end seems stiffer. There is more, but very minor vibration at idle, but I think that it is worth it!
Any idea if this only works for the 3.0L T6? I have a 2.0L T6 and would maybe be interested in one (mostly because why not haha) if you ever decide to produce a few more!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea if this only works for the 3.0L T6? I have a 2.0L T6 and would maybe be interested in one (mostly because why not haha) if you ever decide to produce a few more!
This I do not know, but I can check on the parts diagram to see if it is the same mount! I plan on producing, but they will be made to order, I have already sold 1! I will let you know my findings!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: BellevilleV70

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any interest in purchasing one from anybody?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi billqueenis,

I am following this thread with interest and was hoping that the guys/girls at iPd might have contacted you for the drawings;)

I would love to have this mount as I already have the upper one from iPd and am still missing some rigidity in the driveline.

Unfortunately, I am located in The Netherlands so transport costs/paperwork might be an issue. But I am definitely open for the idea of having you custom make one and sending it over.

How was the install?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Bas

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi billqueenis,

I am following this thread with interest and was hoping that the guys/girls at iPd might have contacted you for the drawings;)

I would love to have this mount as I already have the upper one from iPd and am still missing some rigidity in the driveline.

Unfortunately, I am located in The Netherlands so transport costs/paperwork might be an issue. But I am definitely open for the idea of having you custom make one and sending it over.

How was the install?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Bas
I have received zero contact form IPD for the drawings, but I can say with 100% confidence that this custom mount and the IPD upper mount make a great combination!!

With the custom mount, I have noticed that the clunking between shifting from PRND is gone, and it is very smooth shift

The install was very very easy. There are four bolts. Two bolts are for the bracket that connect the mount to the diff, and the other two bolt the mount into the subframe.

For pricing, they are 400$USD each, the reason that this is so high is because are made to order and not mass produced. If you do a group order of 5 or more, the price will drop to 375$USD per unit, and then in an order of 20+ they are 345$USD each. There is also shipping cost, which can range from 20$USD-->80$USD depending on how quick you would like it shipped. The powdercoating, is OPTIONAL. The powdercoating costs 75$USD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have received zero contact form IPD for the drawings, but I can say with 100% confidence that this custom mount and the IPD upper mount make a great combination!!

With the custom mount, I have noticed that the clunking between shifting from PRND is gone, and it is very smooth shift

The install was very very easy. There are four bolts. Two bolts are for the bracket that connect the mount to the diff, and the other two bolt the mount into the subframe.

For pricing, they are 400$USD each, the reason that this is so high is because are made to order and not mass produced. If you do a group order of 5 or more, the price will drop to 375$USD per unit, and then in an order of 20+ they are 345$USD each. There is also shipping cost, which can range from 20$USD-->80$USD depending on how quick you would like it shipped. The powdercoating, is OPTIONAL. The powdercoating costs 75$USD.
Morning,

I will send you a PM.

Cheers,

Bas

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would any of you be interested in doing a group buy of 5 or more? Significantly decreases the cost!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have started developping a high performance upper and lower torque rod. I am planning on these to not be as hefty on the wallet, as the lower one is.

I am wondering if there is any interest?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Batch of mounts going out!

PM me if interested and I can add you to the waitlist!

Reactions: VARIABLE9

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Its already been done. IPD already have a good one on the market.
I’m aware of their upper mount (I have it) but do they have an equivalent upgraded lower torque mount?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’m aware of their upper mount (I have it) but do they have an equivalent upgraded lower torque mount?
Nope, they have not.

That's why I ordered one with billqueenis.

On my V50 I had the Elevate lower torque mount and that really increased rigidity in the drivetrain. I think the combination of the upper mount from iPd and the lower mount from billqueenis will get rid of all the movement.

Cheers!

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IPD already have a go
Nope, they have not.

That's why I ordered one with billqueenis.

On my V50 I had the Elevate lower torque mount and that really increased rigidity in the drivetrain. I think the combination of the upper mount from iPd and the lower mount from billqueenis will get rid of all the movement.

Cheers!
The mount that I have offered here so far, is the lower rear diff mount, not the lower torque rod.

I currently have the lower torque rod in developement and it should be getting released soon

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
97 Posts
The mount that I have offered here so far, is the lower rear diff mount, not the lower torque rod.

I currently have the lower torque rod in developement and it should be getting released soon
Do you have a picture of the OEM lower torque rod by any chance? I am trying to find it online but cannot source it. I might also be interested in your custom lower torque rod once you have developed it.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts