SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Search for some threads using key words "gutter guard." It's what you buy at home depot and put over a gutter to keep leaves out. Some people have modified their stock grille frame with it to look kinda like the dubstop one. Also, check C30world for the same, I saw a thread on there recently about it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Kallvin22)

there are some clips on the inside, six i think just pull them up from their latches a bit (being careful you dont break them) and slowly pull the grille out.

....or so I have heard....any suggestions on a quick removal of grille??

Modified by vsweede40life at 1:50 PM 3-20-2009

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Custom Grille (vsweede40life)

I got the Evolve grille. It took me about 20-30 mins to get it out. The only issue I had was cutting out the actual plastic on the volvo grille. I wish Evolve made the complete grille which you can get straight outta the box and snap it in with no extra work instead of the customer modifying and destroying the stock grille. Its not worth the price and labor either http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif If you can customize it yourself, go for it unless you have $175 to waste. You can also use regular plastic spray paint for it too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: Custom Grille (black06)

The easiest way to remove the stock grill is reach through the grill with both hands at both ends and give it a big yank!!! This is on a MY06 and I suppose they are all the same.

I put some silicone grease on the tabs when I replaced the grill to make the process easier. Why you ask? Never know when you need to get in there again.

Be brave-pull hard.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: Custom Grille (wrdiedrich)

Quote, originally posted by wrdiedrich »
The easiest way to remove the stock grill is reach through the grill with both hands at both ends and give it a big yank!!! This is on a MY06 and I suppose they are all the same.

Be brave-pull hard.

Yeah... my intuition was telling me to just yank it out. I wanted to try it, but I backed out.

The grille does seem like a piece that would be designed to be removed by yanking, not prying or popping out from the back (through taking off the entire front bumper at that).

Maybe I will try it next time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.