SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I installed an ELEVATE grille about two years ago, and I custom painted the surrounding original chrome-plated grille black to match the grille itself. Now, over time, the grille has naturally acquired little dings from rocks and stuff, and I'm going to have to re-paint it this summer.

But now I started to look closer at it, and while it looks ok, I was wondering if any of you have thought about or actually done a modification where you applied some type of body filler around the grille so it has a more smooth finish and blends into the front bumper more. Not sure what type of body filler I'd be using, maybe bondo? Any ideas appreciated! I'm starting a list of things to do in the next few months.

I guess for those who have not purchased an ELEVATE grille you probably don't have this issue as a lot of grilles (Heico for example) already come as a one-piece product. The ELEVATE grille, is the type where you have to do some cutting and integrating the grille with the OEM grille frame.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i like the idea of refurbishing it. not really liking the idea of making it an integrated part with the bumper. if your looking for a new look, maybe look into platidip or vinyl wrap as its 100% reversable

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
i like the idea of refurbishing it. not really liking the idea of making it an integrated part with the bumper. if your looking for a new look, maybe look into platidip or vinyl wrap as its 100% reversable
Or depending on year, a facelift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts