SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Custom Front Lip

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  -ForceFed- 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am in the process of looking into a Custom made front lip for my car. i found a good custom fiberglass manufacturer for classic cars in toronto. If anyone has a picture/measurements/ideas, can you please share them.

I went and see the shop today and showed them a picture of the Heico Lip. Cost to make is 120$ unpainted. (plus 13% ontario tax) I think this is the best way to go.

They need a mould. but since i dont have one, the current stock plastic will be used for fitting and size.

I am interested in the measurements of the Heico Lip is you have them handy.
Any idea for other than heico? please post pix and measurements handy

edit:
I inquired the following
OEM Front spoiler - 700+ 13%tax panted and installed from a dealer
Heico - 499 plus 300$ ship to toronto plus 13% tax.
elevate - ruled out.

See less See more
#3 ·
i know Frank(Eurosprort) and he also gets them from todd(heico). out of stock always. you hvae to order and it will be made and delivered for about 5 weeks. pricey. if i have no alternatives, i may pull the trigger for the heicos.

#5 ·
$700 for an OEM spoiler painted and installed? You can get the dynamic lip from tasca for about $260-ish shipped and then I would imagine painted for another $100. That's still 1/2 of your other options...

#6 ·
phew... i called tasca and...

209.73 US for the Part
200.00 Shipping
100.00 Duty
50.00 Brokrage fee UPS

Total is around 560 us conversion rate to canadian around 600 unpainted.
holy cow.. its ok but it makes me thinking....

thanks for the input.

#8 ·
phew... i called tasca and...

209.73 US for the Part
200.00 Shipping
100.00 Duty
50.00 Brokrage fee UPS

Total is around 560 us conversion rate to canadian around 600 unpainted.
holy cow.. its ok but it makes me thinking....

thanks for the input.
Make a friend by the border
Have it ship to him
Go pick it up (or mount it temporarily before you cross back again)
;)

#7 ·
Ohhh, you're not in the US. That changes things a bit. Funny, they were going to charge me $50 to ship it. But again, I'm in the US a couple states away from them.

#10 ·
I seem to be that friend for the Canadians across the border in my area lol. I get random stuff shipped to my house all the time. They leave me alcohol from the duty free and take their package works out pretty sweet for everyone haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.