SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I tell you there are days that I hate living in Alaska, and days that I just love. Today is a 'hate' day. Aside from the rain/hail/sleet/snow/wind soup happening outside my office window, and me wondering how long it'll take me to shovel out the entrance to my toolshed to get my summer wheels out, <B>I'm hating local exhaust vendors.</B><P>Why, you may ask? Nobody in town has a mandrel pipe bending machine. I've checked those non-automotive shops we have for building pipes for pipeline work. Nobody bends w/ a mandrel bender. I went over to the local "we install duals" muffler shop. They show up as a recommended dealer by FlowMaster...M=me, C=counter person<P>M: "Hi, I'd like to check out putting a 3" cat-back on my car w/a FlowMaster."<BR>C: "Dual or single"<BR>M: Single<BR>C: That's $375 (not bad, imho). What vehicle.<BR>M: Volvo 850<BR>C: <blank stare, blinks> A, uh, what?<BR>M: It's not a truck. See, that's it out there, next to the Ford Extrusion.<BR>C: <blank stare #2> Well, I guess we can take a look at it.<BR>M: You do use a mandrel bender, yes?<BR>C: No. Why would you need that?<BR>M: Well, I'm running decent boost and need to have a better flowing exhaust. (didn't go into the benefits of mandrel bending...)<P>Same story at every muffler shop in town. So, is it just wrong to not go w/a mandrel bent pipe? Also, anyone have an alternative, like a shop that can bend them off of a spec sheet or something? SS or ipd would cost a mint after all is said and done. Maybe they're my only options.<P>Hey, thx for everyone's feedback on my last thread!<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts