SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re: Custom Downpipes (Cicada)

I'd just go with a pre-fabbed one....I read on here somewhere that the placement of the Cat/o2 Sensor is critical...and if placement isn't correct, you'll get a CEL.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Cicada</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is anyone running one? or should I just go with one of the many options available to us?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>it is critical to have proper fitment for the DP because of the AWD hardware. You would be far better off with a pre-fabbed on.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Cicada</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is anyone running one? or should I just go with one of the many options available to us?</TD></TR></TABLE> There are three of us here in Atlanta that have custom ones. Tigers81, Maxim, and me of course. They seem to work very well on our cars.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Custom Downpipes (BOOSTED S60R)

I had a custom one made with a removable race cat so i could put in a straight pipe in its place. The craftsmanship on the welds is like art.<br>I like it, but if other options would have been available when I started the project, I would probably just buy one (with beautiful welds).

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: (legbend)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>legbend</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much for a custom one, average?</TD></TR></TABLE>I paid 1200 bucks for the whole downpipe and exhaust. Full 3" turbo back. but I would expect to get another one made 3" turbo back would be in the 1200-1500 range at the place here.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (legbend)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>legbend</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much for a custom one, average?</TD></TR></TABLE>ive been quoted about 600-800 for the DP; to redo my exhaust im estimating about 350-500 [originally costed about 350 to do]<p>so what boosted said sounds about right for what i've heard from a few shops.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Cicada at 8:57 AM 8-30-2006</i>

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Custom Downpipes (R_Rated)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>R_Rated</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>it is critical to have proper fitment for the DP because of the AWD hardware. You would be far better off with a pre-fabbed on.</TD></TR></TABLE>gotcha. was just wondering, since, when i end up upgrading the turbo, the DP will need to be cut-up anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts