SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have waited forever to get this setup on my ride. Not sure why it took me so long but o well, here she is:

3" RaceS60R DP with a high flow race CAT into a no resonator straight pipe, 1 bend, magnaflow muffler, 1 bend... and out to a rolled 4" tip :)

Here we are checking out what Frank (guy is cool and owns his own muffler shop downtown Peoria) and I are thinking will work. He thought he could get away mandrel bending 3" pipe... but after seeing how the exhaust bends are much more than 45 degrees... he was going to have to cut them

Here is the new exhaust, fit very nicely, does not stick out the end, is as high up as he could get it off the ground, welds are nice as well

First video is at start up and the engine was not cold so it did not idle higher
Second Video and Third Video I drove away from the neighbors haha

Also could not figure out how to embed the videos ... whatever

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics and videos to come when it stops beign so windy and stops raining and I can wash her up

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Sounds tasty! Might I suggest you paint the tubing and muffler matte black so they disappear under the car?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds good. Do you get any of the pop pop pop sound on decel?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yeah a little bit.. I get more backfire here and there too :)

Melvin - how did you embed the vids? Also... painted it matte black would be cool.. and require more work... but I guess I could paint it on the car when I re-paint my intercooler before summer... that is next on the spring to do list

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Melvin - how did you embed the vids? Also... painted it matte black would be cool.. and require more work... but I guess I could paint it on the car when I re-paint my intercooler before summer... that is next on the spring to do list
Matt,
One way of embedding video:
Copy the video's URL from the address bar to your clipboard when in YouTube's site.
Click "Insert Video" above the text field in SwedeSpeed.
Paste URL in popup window.
Click OK.

As for painting, nothing fancy. High temperature matte black paint in a rattle can is all I use. I don't go to the anal-retentive-self extreme of jacking up the car and covering every square inch. I reach under the rear of the car and paint whatever shiny bits I can see from a distance, i.e. the rear and bottom surfaces of the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
needs interior driving video/sounds

·
Registered
998 Posts
Niceee!! Sounds so much like a rally car now..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes I took a couple of videos with my iphone while driving in the car but being as it has been super freaking windy out these past 2 days, the sound sucks. I cant find my power cord for my nice point and shoot camera... which takes better videos... hopefully I will get some videos driving away from the camera or something soon when it gets a little better outside.

Although I can assure you... I am addicted to the sound!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which magnaflow muffler did you use? If you dont mind my asking.
You know I am really not sure which exact model it is... Frank ordered everything for me and set me up the inlet/outles are 3" and it is an oval shape.

·
Registered
919 Posts
To the OP, what was the final cost, and breakdown of p&l?

Custom 3" is in my future...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts