SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've talked to two dealers. One of them told me that if I ordered today I could expect to take delivery in September. Another dealer told me May. What are others hearing? (This isn't for OSD, this is just a regular order).

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Not sure but HOPEFULLY we begin to hear more real soon. Supposedly from what I heard and read, official production of the new XC90 was supposed to begin today or tomorrow. If true, maybe we will get some kind of press release thing or pics put out by Volvo, or at least some kind of confirmation from them.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Not sure but HOPEFULLY we begin to hear more real soon. Supposedly from what I heard and read, official production of the new XC90 was supposed to begin today or tomorrow. If true, maybe we will get some kind of press release thing or pics put out by Volvo, or at least some kind of confirmation from them.
Production is starting next week, week 5 as planned.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Production is starting next week, week 5 as planned.
Cool, hopefully we hear some news this week then since tomorrow is week 5. Thanks for confirming SOP, or start of production, is on schedule as that is good news.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My dealer has called and emailed me twice begging for our 07 Sport back and "can get us into a new one for less than our payment was" Well, considering it's paid off, I think I'll wait and snag a CPO in a year or so. Tough to get rid of a great car that's "free" to drive and start over...

I'm anxious to see one in person though!

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
This is week 5 and I'm kind of shocked nothing has been released by Volvo saying, in a sense, woo-hoo official production of the all new XC90 has begun, and then show a pic of the first one beginning it's 'birth'.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is week 5 and I'm kind of shocked nothing has been released by Volvo saying, in a sense, woo-hoo official production of the all new XC90 has begun, and then show a pic of the first one beginning it's 'birth'.
Maybe give them until the end of the week?
Production starting this week doesn't necessarily mean Monday...

And if I remember right I read somewhere that current best practice for car assembly is to stop the line to fix line problems rather than fix vehicle problems later. As the car and line are new perhaps we should expect slower production ramp-up in the beginning as line teething problems are ironed out?

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Maybe give them until the end of the week?
Production starting this week doesn't necessarily mean Monday...

And if I remember right I read somewhere that current best practice for car assembly is to stop the line to fix line problems rather than fix vehicle problems later. As the car and line are new perhaps we should expect slower production ramp-up in the beginning as line teething problems are ironed out?
Yeah, I hear ya', but seeing as how they had the video from early December (the 11th) showing pre production vehicles being built I figured all of that would have been worked out and they would be raring to go with regular production.

Oh well, it'll happen eventually for sure but that doesn't help my anxiousness to want this vehicle, lol. Maybe they are waiting until the first few are fully built and completed before making some kind of announcement showing pics. I wonder how long it takes to build a new XC90 from start to finish...

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Is it now possible to count how many rolls out every week? Or everyday?

At least when 1927 first editions are finished they should make an announcement. I hope.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is it now possible to count how many rolls out every week? Or everyday?

At least when 1927 first editions are finished they should make an announcement. I hope.
I only know that there are 700 cars produced at the Torslanda factory every day, that's is all models combined (XC90, XC70, V70, V60, S60 and S80)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is this a press demo? Interesting there was something else before all the first editions. Hope these turn out to be a big success!

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
As if I was not excited for getting this vehicle already, I'm more so now that they are beginning to roll off. Fun two months ahead waiting for mine.

Does anyone know aprox. how long it takes to produce one of these from start to finish? Not including transport time on a vessel etc, just on the production line. Probably a question best suited for Yannis.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
1 - 20 of 82 Posts