SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is possible, but i've noticed that it seems that my seat in the wagon doesn't go back (the base of the seat) as far as in other cars. Guessing they did this to allow for more rear passenger space in the rear behind the driver even if the seat bottom is moved all the way back.

Just wondering if it is possible/someone has found a way to allow for the seat to be slid back further, I ask because i'm a tall guy (6 foot 7in.) and find my legs are somewhat more cramped then they should be for such a big vehicle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Electric seats. Yea I checked to make sure, when i move it all the way back the motor won't move it any further, just hear it "click" and seems to be at the end of it's track. Just wondering if perhaps Volvo put some sort of a limter in the track to allow the seat to only go so far or if that's pretty much it! haha

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I always found that these seats were wonderful for tall people, as it goes back much further than I'd need, and the thigh support comes up VERY high to allow for a bend in the knee. The support under the knees is critical for us tall people... but you're still much taller than I. 6'3" vs 6'7".

Not sure I'd call these cars "big" though! Compared to an A4 of the same generation, maybe it's a little better, but it's still a "compact executive" class car.

Can you pick up the slack in your legs by bringing the thigh support up to it's max?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm 6' 7'' and I fit comfortably in my s70, it helps if the seat is lower

·
Banned
556 Posts
Interesting.. My friend is a larger lady, 5ft7 and ~420lbs and she just plain would not fit in a Subaru Outback (year 2000 as well.) I saw this, used my height (6ft) to guesstimate the legromm, and.. Her belly comes just shy of the wheel, but the car IS big enough.

Those heated seats feel soo good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i've tried angling the seat back further but find this uncomfortable and feel like i'm driving in the seating position of a kid with a civic when it's like that haha. I was just curious more so for the sake of my knees as it can get uncomfortable at times on a long trip with my knees touching the dash haha. Oh well! they are still far more comfortable then any other seat out there so I guess i'll just have to grin and bear it! thanks for the help though gents.

As for it being big, haha well from driving my MK3 golf it's massive hahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.