SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was pulling in the bank some guy came flying out the driveway in the middle of it as I was pulling in and almost hit me. So I had to cut the wheel hard and turn in to avoid him. This is what happend to my back wheel. Does anyone know if I get it redone in gloss black will it match or does forgestar use a special powder thanks.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
There are places that will send you powder coating swatches like NIC coatings for free. Order up like 5 different blacks and see which one matches.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,417 Posts
this same thing happened to me! I was so pissed but a curbed wheel is better than getting hit by someone no paying attention.

I havent gotten mine fixed yet but the wheel shop should be able to help

Morini performance coatings in springfield mass is where I plan on going with mine. I hear really good things about the work they do.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this same thing happened to me! I was so pissed but a curbed wheel is better than getting hit by someone no paying attention.

I havent gotten mine fixed yet but the wheel shop should be able to help

Morini performance coatings in springfield mass is where I plan on going with mine. I hear really good things about the work they do.
Thats the place I use they did my pegs the second time around. Justin does really good work hoping to drop it off saturday after I borrow a 18 peg from another SS member. This just really sucks.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
sounds like you need to have more spatial awareness before pulling into a lot. As a motorcycle rider, I can tell you there's very little you can't see if you actually look. Instead of just thinking "here's my lot, TURN" it's "here's my lot, who's behind me, what's traffic doing in front and to the right, and most of all, what's going on inside the lot, my desired destination?" No car comes out of a lot SO FAST that you wouldn't have seen them before beginning to turn into the lot.

Sorry about your wheels, that sucks.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
sounds like you need to have more spatial awareness before pulling into a lot. As a motorcycle rider, I can tell you there's very little you can't see if you actually look. Instead of just thinking "here's my lot, TURN" it's "here's my lot, who's behind me, what's traffic doing in front and to the right, and most of all, what's going on inside the lot, my desired destination?" No car comes out of a lot SO FAST that you wouldn't have seen them before beginning to turn into the lot.

Well aren't you the most perfect driver on this earth.

·
Registered
491 Posts

What kind of douchebag comment is this? OP, sorry for your wheels and for putting up with others worthless .02

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What kind of douchebag comment is this? OP, sorry for your wheels and for putting up with others worthless .02
It's a comment from someone who rides motorcycles. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Probably the guy drive out of the bank also rides a motorcycle. I just bought my R 10 days ago. Im so annoyed by the way people drive now. I hope you find a way to get your
Wheel fixed.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Today I was pulling in the bank some guy came flying out the driveway in the middle of it as I was pulling in and almost hit me. So I had to cut the wheel hard and turn in to avoid him. This is what happend to my back wheel. Does anyone know if I get it redone in gloss black will it match or does forgestar use a special powder thanks.
Damn, my forgestar brother, sorry to hear that. I, too, have curbed my forgestar and have had it fixed and re-PC'd and they matched it pretty well. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about matching the color as the difference in gloss black shades out there aren't that stark. Also, after washing it and driving it for 5 miles in town, the brake dust will disguise any difference you may have in the color anyway. :)

Hope you get it fixed and color matched. :beer:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hope you get your wheel fixed.

I have to agree with Avboden though. I would add, how fast where you going INTO that same driveway that you couldn't use those awesome brembos and come to a stop instead? I've curbed my pegs plenty of times on my own so I'm not perfect. I do drive under the assumption that every driver on the road around me is an absolute douchetard and whatever stupid thing they could possibly do, they will do.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I meant no disrespect at all folks. What i'm saying is there will always be dumb drivers on the road, blaming others gets you no where. You have to think of every incident as what you could have done better, not the idiot, because you can't change the idiot.

When i'm on the road I like to think of everything as MY fault, no one else's (obviously not legally, just for introspection). So on the bike, if someone cuts me off, why didn't I see them sooner? In the car same thing. Someone pulls out and i have to slam on my brakes, why didn't I see them and expect them to be stupid? The day you can make everything your own fault, is the day you can truly become a safer rider or driver. This is the only way to stay alive on a motorcycle these days, it's not as important in a car but it's still very valuable.

So in this case, it should be "curbed foregestar because I failed to see an idiot"

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
I meant no disrespect at all folks. What i'm saying is there will always be dumb drivers on the road, blaming others gets you no where. You have to think of every incident as what you could have done better, not the idiot, because you can't change the idiot.

When i'm on the road I like to think of everything as MY fault, no one else's (obviously not legally, just for introspection). So on the bike, if someone cuts me off, why didn't I see them sooner? In the car same thing. Someone pulls out and i have to slam on my brakes, why didn't I see them and expect them to be stupid? The day you can make everything your own fault, is the day you can truly become a safer rider or driver. This is the only way to stay alive on a motorcycle these days, it's not as important in a car but it's still very valuable.

So in this case, it should be "curbed foregestar because I failed to see an idiot"
Even if he DID see him...People act and drive unpredictably. So the guy might have been driving at a normal pace when he "looked" over but the guy could have changed his driving pattern, accelerated or turned, started texting. Etc. resulting in last minute evasive turn right.

If he stopped with his awesome brembos he still could have gotten hit. What if the only alternative was turning right at all costs to avoid the "unpredictable" driver.

Seems that what he did was the only way to avoid the oncoming driver, you cannot see and plan for everything every driver is going to do. When something happens, you react. He reacted. His choice as a way out of a head on collision was turning right and curbing his wheel. He made a good decisions.

To the op, glad you avoid a collision as that you are ok.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
On a motorcycle you either learn to know what's going on all sides and have a plan of action, or your an organ donor. You quickly learn to anticipate what an "idiot"might do. Make everyone ride a motorcycle for a year, all the "idiots"will soon die, or become better drivers/riders. Sorry I have to agree with Avboden on this one.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,417 Posts
In my case with my curbing i made a right hand turn onto a street that you cant really see so I take it slow all the time, I turned and was in my lane but some guy in the opposing lane wasnt paying attention and his car was half over the center line and looked like he wasnt going to stop in time for the stop sign. If I had braked I would have certainly been hit. I moved over to the right to avoid and just snagged my rear wheel on the curb. Smoke came from his tires as he swerved back into his lane and stopped 3/4s of the way past the sign.

My point is there are certainly situations that can have bad outcomes no matter if you ride a motorcycle or not

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Bad things happen no matter how careful you are, no doubt. My point was, you are very vulnerable on a bike, you learn to anticipate everything and this makes you a better driver/rider. If your not aware of everything around you, you can get into a situation that is life threatening on a bike, a non event in a car.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
On a motorcycle you either learn to know what's going on all sides and have a plan of action, or your an organ donor. You quickly learn to anticipate what an "idiot"might do. Make everyone ride a motorcycle for a year, all the "idiots"will soon die, or become better drivers/riders. Sorry I have to agree with Avboden on this one.
+2 I agree. After owning a motorcycle for a summer almost nothing on the road surprises me. That's not to say people don't do unexpected things, it's just that I am aware of what they could possibly do in a worst case scenario. I'm sorry about your wheel man, I hope you get it fixed for not much $$, I love the forgestars. Either way, everyone should just pay closer attention to every possible scenario as you drive.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dropping it off tomorrow my buddy is dropping me off a 18 peg at 9. Does anyone think the weight difference for that one wheel will be a problem? Should I just take it easy till I get my rim back. I have owned 3 bikes and am very aware but it was real close I barley grabbed the curb with it. Better then a head on or have our cars meet sides. lession learned for the price of $150 to $200 was my quote.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts