SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have some H5's and one wheel has an inch long curb rash on it. I think it's polished lip. Does anyone know if and how I can get it fixed?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Re: Curb Rash on H5... how to fix? (slowrey)

depends on how bad it is but most custom shops will outsource somone who should be able to fix it and make it like new. 50-100 bucks is what it should cost

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Curb Rash on H5... how to fix? (R_Rated)

The lip on the H5 is clearcoated. If the "little lip" on the very outside of the wheel is the point in question you will have a tough time getting someone to repair it. They will have to rebuild the lip.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Mash at 6:38 PM 7-20-2006</i>

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

You may be able to get it repaired. There are many services that can usually repair that sort of damage (provided that too much of the lip isn't destroyed and is no threat to tearing into the tire). Some will come to your house, while others have you ship the damaged wheel to their facility. It isn't that cheap though. I was quoted at $140 a wheel to fix small 1in scratches (shipped out). To have someone come in I was told it would cost me $160 each. I believe the place nearest me was called wheel repair doctor and another good place is supposed to be wheelcollision.com

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>slowrey</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks Mash for ruining my day!</TD></TR></TABLE> Sorry bro! The reason behind my answer is the lip can be fixed BUT the next tire that is put on that rim will ruin the area that was was fixed. While wrapping the tire on the rim the <U>bar</U> they use will tear into that area in question because it is not quite as stong as the original metal used. I had this happen. And had it fixed (150.00) then I needed tires and the rest is the above example. Again sorry for the news. Just get a new wheel (so you know it will work) and use the chipped one for an extra, just in case. Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts