SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 model S60 and have had the cup holder in the dashboard replaced twice. The problem is that the expanding rachet fails after a short time so it cannot be set to hold small diameter cans such as Red Bull etc.<P>Has anyone had the same problem? If so what did your dealer say?<P>
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,233 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prev80:<BR><B>I have a 2001 model S60 and have had the cup holder in the dashboard replaced twice. The problem is that the expanding rachet fails after a short time so it cannot be set to hold small diameter cans such as Red Bull etc.<P>Has anyone had the same problem? If so what did your dealer say?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I have never seen a dash cupholder being able to fit such a slim can. It's not that they break, they are not designed for such thin cans.<P>Yannis<BR><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
My dealer told me they don't offer the dashboard cup holder as an option anymore because it did tend to break quite often.<P>Pat
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,233 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iceman:<BR><B>My dealer told me they don't offer the dashboard cup holder as an option anymore because it did tend to break quite often.<P>Pat</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR><B>WHAT???</B> <IMG SRC="http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/eek2.gif"> <P>This is the "funniest" thing I have ever heard! Good one! <IMG SRC="http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/cutelaugh.gif"> <P>Yannis<P><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:<BR><B> <BR>WHAT???</B> <IMG SRC="http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/eek2.gif"> <P>This is the "funniest" thing I have ever heard! Good one! <IMG SRC="http://www.mansun-nl.com/smilies/cutelaugh.gif"> <P>Yannis<P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hey, that's what he told me.<BR>
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,233 Posts
Steve,<P>the part itself costs about $40 to $45. The installation is fairly easy; I have never done it myself but a couple of my sales consultants know how to do it and we usually do it ourselves to save money (since our labor rate ia $78/hr.) in the deal. You just have to be very careful when you remove the bottom part of the console as it is very difficult to snap it out (without gouging it) but once you do that (preferably with a small PLASTIC knife) you just slide the cupholder in that space and it snaps back very easily.<P>Yannis<P><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Took these from my XC. Should be the same part as in the S60 though. <A HREF="http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=170491" TARGET=_blank>http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=170491</A> <A HREF="http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=170489" TARGET=_blank>http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=170489</A> <A HREF="http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=170490" TARGET=_blank>http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=170490</A>
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top